Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    AJ's highest ranked win is #6.

Wilder's highest ranked win is #3.

Wilder's resume is nothing special, but he did agree to face #1 and #2 fighters who both got caught cheating multiple times. So when you lose out on the opportunity to add those scalps to your resume, your resume isn't going to be the greatest.

AJ has been very impressive, but his resume isn't very impressive (nor should it be, he's still young).

But when you over praise AJ's resume and under praise Wilder's, which is the norm on this site, it should be pointed out that AJ still doesn't have a top 5 win.

Wilder does.

The pot calling the kettle black is never a good look.
    I'm not praising AJ's resume, but it's much better than Wilder's, especially for the amount of fights.

Wlad was ranked higher than #6 when Joshua fought him and he has accomplished and done wayyyy more than Stiverne.

Joshua is quality, Wilder is quantity. Just one quality fight vs several of Joshua's. Joshua has faced more top 10, Wilder has only faced 1 at the time of fight.

Not hating, I want them to fight to get it over it. Wilder is going to have to travel though.

Comment

He has always had a great jab. It's long, fast, hard and accurate and he throws it a lot. His best performances are usually when he remembers to use his jab often as Breland wants him to do. Everyone he fights is going to be eating that jab.

Comment

Wilder's resume is nothing special, but he did agree to face #1 and #2 fighters who both got caught cheating multiple times. So when you lose out on the opportunity to add those scalps to your resume, your resume isn't going to be the greatest.

AJ has been very impressive, but his resume isn't very impressive (nor should it be, he's still young).

But when you over praise AJ's resume and under praise Wilder's, which is the norm on this site, it should be pointed out that AJ still doesn't have a top 5 win.

Wilder does.

The pot calling the kettle black is never a good look.
        We find that very amusing!

Comment

It's far from perfect, but it's undeniably EFFECTIVE. He gets a hell of a lot of range on it. AJ is the same height but doesn't have as long a jab because he keeps a more traditional stance. Some of the "incorrect"stuff Deontay does works to his advantage. That 1+2 is really Wilder's best asset.

Comment

Wilder wilder wilder

Comment

its one of main weapons, dude has horrible technique but damn hes got unreal power, just imagine if he had correct form too. I agree though hes got a nice jab, well timed, and uses it both defensively and offensively

Comment

His jab looked better and he looked less chaotic. What I like about Wilder the most, though, which I don't see in the current HWs except for Fury is his limbness and fluidity. I see him running circles round AJ, if he so chooses, or he could just use his God-given power to blast opponents; he has the best of both worlds which is rarely seen in power punchers. RJJ had this quality.

Comment

Tis a good, snappy and hurtful jab no doubt. I dont like how his back hand drops and his elbow flares out when he throws it though.

A fighter who can duck under and counter could have a lot of success. Or they could step in parry and fire a return jab like Joe Louis or GGG did/do. Worked for Norton against Ali who had similar issues with his back hand when jabbing (Lee Wylie did a good vid on this)

Comment

technically its awful, it only looked effective because Stiverne moved less than a statue.

Comment

Lol what am I reading? Are you seriously trying to suggest Wilder has fought better opponents?

Comment

Working...
                      X