Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On A Scale Of 1-10, How Excited Are You About...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say about 7 ish.

I quite like Vargas tbh....reckon he's quite underrated on here.

But yeah...gone are the days of counting down the days to a Pacquiao fight. Won't be too many more Pacman fights to look forward to either way soon enough so i'm kinda trying to enjoy them whilst he's still here.

Think it should be a decent little scrap tho...Vargas will give it his all.

Comment

Since there has been a drought of fights lately I am actually looking forward to watching the fight.

Definitely not the same level of excitement there was during his height ...I'm not watching any pre-fight hype or spending much time analyzing the fight....but I'm the type to get nostalgic once the bell rings and he's actually out there fighting. I still relish the chance to see the greats-and he looked alright against Bradley so maybe it's not time to write him off as a contender at WW, so I want to see where he stands.

I also feel that Vargas has improved so it might be an OK fight
      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 11-02-2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        I'd say about 7 ish.

I quite like Vargas tbh....reckon he's quite underrated on here.

But yeah...gone are the days of counting down the days to a Pacquiao fight. Won't be too many more Pacman fights to look forward to either way soon enough so i'm kinda trying to enjoy them whilst he's still here.

Think it should be a decent little scrap tho...Vargas will give it his all.

it was hard enough tryin to drum up some excitement for that last Bradley fight...this one is even tougher

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          it was hard enough tryin to drum up some excitement for that last Bradley fight...this one is even tougher
          I'm more excited for this fight than the Bradley fight solely because he'd already beat him twice pretty easily.

At least this one I feel Vargas has decent enough counter punching to maybe give Pacquaio an issue here and there. Plus he's tough as nails and won't back down.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I'm more excited for this fight than the Bradley fight solely because he'd already beat him twice pretty easily.

At least this one I feel Vargas has decent enough counter punching to maybe give Pacquaio an issue here and there. Plus he's tough as nails and won't back down.
            Yup, deffo more excited for this one over the last Bradley fight, that was as pointless as pointless fights go for someone in the position Pacquiao was/is in at the time.

That's the thing about Vargas...he's as tough as they come. Not Rios tough....''i'll block punches with my face and smile'' sorta tough.... more ''i'll take some but i'll try and give it back twice as hard'' sorta tough.

Wether he'll be able to give it back to someone like Pacquiao is a whole different story tho....and if Pac isn't too careful one of these days his whole ''compassionate'' and caring side in the ring is gonna be thrown back into his face by one of these young hungry lions coming up if he sticks around longer than his due.....wether Vargas is the one though i'm not too sure. We'll see.

Comment

I don't get it, is NSB boycotting hype for this fight by not posting a sticky? People need to realize it is very unusual for NSB not to have a sticky, which only means one thing:

People are truly upset with #48 for many reasons. they don't want to hype anything as a loss might be in play. Or I guess many #48 fans know that Vargas is a bigger threat than Bradley....because that had its own sticky..

I want to see this fight. Vargas is hella better than Algieri and Rios...

Comment

...the Manny fight this Saturday?

be honest

as a HUGE Manny fan, I'm more excited to watch the Raiders vs Donkeys on Sunday followed by Walking Dead

how about you ****s?
                I think the thing that makes Vargas-Pacquiao interesting is that Vargas has one of the best Overhand Rights in boxing and if he can land it flush on Manny then it can very well end up as Marquez 4

Other then that i think Vargas is very underrated and he is a really solid fighter, but Bradley showed him that there are levels and he outboxed him, and if Bradley cant beat Pacquiao then i doubt Vargas can

I aint buying no boxing cards, i str8 up stream em all, but im more interested in the Donaire-Magdaleno fight tbh, i think the fact that Donaire picked up cuban coach Ismael Salas could have improved him alot as a fighter, and im hoping he will show it on Saturday

Comment

I'm at about a 2. Real hard to get excited about Pac these days. Freddie Roach is bat**** nuts, Pacquiaos old and past his prime, he doesn't have anything left to prove. I can go on and on.

In the past 3 or 4 years, he's only had a couple of big, meaningful fights. Most of his recent fights have been throw away fights that have little meaning behind them. Pac - Bradley 3? Pac - Algieri? Absolutely no one cared about those. No substance to those.

I'll watch highlights and I'll read about it the next day for sure. I don't think I'll sit down and watch it. No real reason to. If I hear that it was a must see, then I'll watch the replay. There's really no reason to get excited about this.

Out with the old, in with the new. If rather see some new blood fight for their careers.

Comment

About a 7. It's a good card with Donaire and Valdez fighting on it. I think Vargas will come to fight his heart out but I'm just not that excited overall about the main event. I hope Manny looks great cause I want PAC-Crawford next year. I'll be streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

what's your final prediction, Dan?

Comment

Working...
                      X