• Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.chipchick.com/2010/06/solo-hd-review.html

http://www.productwiki.com/monster-b...r-dre-solo-hd/

http://www.geardiary.com/2010/04/08/...e-solo-hd-red/

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
      I think it's kinda funny how many actual experts disagree with the "experts" on BS.

Bully, don't listen to any of us. Look up some reviews and comparisons.
      That's the best thing he can do really, because he'll then find out there are better headphones for the price. I've personally used the HD versions as well as the casual versions Monster put out and I've heard equivalent or a better sound with a cheaper price tag (which at the end of the day is what you're aiming for).

Truth be told, the majority of people that are buying the Dre phones are buying it because they're popular. If you research, you'll find a good amount of headphones that the quality matches the price much better.
      Last edited by RL_GMA; 08-04-2010, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by *El Prieto* View Post
        Audio Techinca makes some nice ones. I'm rocking these in my studio for monitoring and mixing.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--AUTATHM50

I like the Synheisers as well, but they break easily, and I'm tired of replacing them.

The Beats by Dre are nice, but not for making music. I've head better cans for listening to music recreationally that were far less expensive.

edit: I meant Beyerdynamic NOT Synheisers.
        Damn, are you slammin them down or somethin? lol. Mine are still in top shape since '07.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          That's the best thing he can do really, because he'll then find out there are better headphones for the price. I've personally used the HD versions as well as the casual versions Monster put out and I've heard equivalent or a better sound with a cheaper price tag (which at the end of the day is what you're aiming for).

Truth be told, the majority of people that are buying the Dre phones are buying it because they're popular. If you research, you'll find a good amount of headphones that the quality matches the price much better.
          That's fine. Whatever fits him best.

Comment

Also I don't make music. I only listen to it, so is this solo HD stuff necesary?

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
              Also I don't make music. I only listen to it, so is this solo HD stuff necesary?
              The Solo HD's aren't for making music. That'd be the Beat Pro's and the Studio's. I can see where people wouldn't want to drop $300 on the studios though, and the Pro's don't drop till later on this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
                The Solo HD's aren't for making music. That'd be the Beat Pro's and the Studio's. I can see where people wouldn't want to drop $300 on the studios though, and the Pro's don't drop till later on this summer.
                So what the **** are solos for and what is it supposed to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  Damn, are you slammin them down or somethin? lol. Mine are still in top shape since '07.
                  It's where the wire connects, also one of my drivers went out. I've heard of more people having this issue than not. Overall they are amazing headphones, much better than the beats by Dre, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    So what the **** are solos for and what is it supposed to mean?
                    For recreational use, and "solo" as in, singular use.

Comment

Originally posted by *El Prieto* View Post
                      It's where the wire connects, also one of my drivers went out. I've heard of more people having this issue than not. Overall they are amazing headphones, much better than the beats by Dre, just saying.
                      Where'd you get em?

Comment

Working...
                      X