No announcement yet.

Is it me or is wrestling for prat’s?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    Haha I don't know him so well, he was a mates housemate.

I remember he brought some power rangers toy gun thing for 80 quid or something silly. I think it was some flute that turned in to a sword actually. I was bemused and had no clue what to say when he excitedly brought it down the stairs to show us Bear in mind i was about 32 and he was late 20's.
    Hahaha, interesting guy!

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      I wouldn't say its for prats though, but I'd say the average wrestling fan is an obese energy drinking kid with adhd.
      This is hilarious. I’d say American wrestling fans are much like all sports fans depending on the sport. Example; everyone wants to see the knockout, everyone wants to see the long pass not the run...

A lot of this stuff is econimic and has trickled down into each team sport. Rules get adjusted to influence certain aspects of the game, etc..

In America, everyone wants to see the stunner and the rock bottom right away.

In places like Mexico and Japan, they will applaud mat and submission work.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
        lol wrestling is NOT "fake", its scripted, and yes there is a difference.

You simply cannot 'fake' getting body slammed by a jacked 200 pound man, no matter how 'soft' you think that ring is (which it is not) you can't fake that.

There are wrestlers who have had career ending injuries and multiple concussions thanks to this "fake" sport..
        its fake because it fakes fighting, duh

Comment

Wrestling isn't fake.

Kane really killed his parents in a fire. I don't know how he escaped arrest?

Fortunately for him his brother is a supernatural spirit entity and didn't take the murder of his parents too personally.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
            Wrestling isn't fake.

Kane really killed his parents in a fire. I don't know how he escaped arrest?

Fortunately for him his brother is a supernatural spirit entity and didn't take the murder of his parents too personally.

Very true.

And Brutus Beefcake was a real barber, but every haircut he gives ends up being a mullet.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Very true.

And Brutus Beefcake was a real barber, but every haircut he gives ends up being a mullet.
              And William Moody aka Paul Bearer, was a real mortician.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaweed View Post
                It’s fixed n no skill! Applies to under 9s really
                They let you back on here, huh?
                Reggie is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                  Wrestling is entertainment.
                  Absolutely. Wwe network is very much worth it for the docs and ppvs alone. I actually find NXT ppvs superior to main roster though. Peace.

Comment

I was actually thinking of watching wrestling again.

But I liked the 90’s when everyone was a character of a man with a real job. You had a correctional officer, a man who repossessed cars, a tax man, an unexplained rich man who had a butler, a hairdresser who used hedge clippers, a witch doctor, a prison inmate, demolition men, two random New Zealander’s who had an unspecified job in the ‘bush’. You had a clown that spawned several little clowns. You had a man who ‘cared’ for a snake.

I dunno man, how is that not entertaining.

I don’t like how they have gone away from the silly.

I know in America there is a wrestler that calls himself a liberal and he is a bad guy in the southern states probably shouting out stuff like ‘gay marriage is cool!’ ‘Stop beating your wife!’
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 07-25-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      But I liked the 90’s when everyone was a character of a man with a real job. You had a correctional officer, a man who repossed cars, a tax man, an unexplained rich man who had a butler, a hairdresser who used hedge clippers, a witch doctor, a prison inmate, demolition men, to random New Zealander’s who had an unspecified job in the ‘bush’. You had a clown that spawn several little clowns. You had a man who ‘cared’ for a snake.

Don't forget about the plumber, garbage man, evil clown, and porrnstar.

Oh and the pimp that used to play the voodoo witch doctor.

Comment

Working...
                      X