Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA's Insistence on Having 3 Featherweight Champs is Ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Keith Idec - the WBA made assurances in the recent past to stop its ridiculous practice of recognizing as many as three world champions in a single division

i see the problem

By definition, interim means temporary. Somehow, though, the WBA has made its interim championship a permanent part of its featherweight division.

Comment

At least Arum wasnt involved to make this a ppv.
      I cant see any great numbers if it were.
      Meh. $5 to watch this fight.
      Not gonna break the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        I stopped recognizing the WBA in 2001 when they created the super title and everybody else should have stopped too.

I've never recognized the WBO. People complain about all of the titles, but nobody forces you to recognize them. The WBC & IBF are the only belts I'll recognize until the WBA gets rid of the super titles.

I agree with the bold, and have been quite vocal on that subject

I stopped recognizing ALL of them back in the 80's, when it became obvious that none of them were definitive, and all of them were inaccurate

why recognize " inaccurate " ?

back then most seemed to follow The Ring, but what was once called the bible of boxing has also been proven to be inaccurate and not definitive

more importantly, they do not sanction and they do not mandate..... so they cannot - and should not - be recognized as such..... they are just a magazine

and using lineage is WAKK..... they had Stevenson #1 at LHW, and Canelo #1 at MW..... despite the fact that Canelo had never fought a middleweight opponent and never weighed more than 155 lol

not saying that this was always the case, just that it is the case now..... you simply cannot point to one ABC body as being better than any of the others..... each of those organisations currently recognize a champion who is not the best fighter in his division..... none of them have appointed the 17 best champions, likely..... EVER

and saying such-and-such is the closest is simply not acceptable..... not because of history, and not because of any other reason..... simply because, they are not accurate now

oh, and the continual bribery and corruption did not help either..... that killed any possible discussion as to whether athose ABC bodies were even legitimate, let alone whether they were accurate

I only use the ABC bodies as indicators..... I know who the best fighters are in every division, the org's don't really help with much and often they just cloud the waters..... like the WBA with this three champion crap, and like the WBC killing the Golovkin/Canelo fight and having WAKK rankings, refusing to recognize Klitschko, etc

regarding the WBA 3-champion crap..... casual fans are muppets for accepting - and therefore enabling - that rubbish

looking at you, golovtards

green'd
        Last edited by aboutfkntime; 07-13-2018, 03:30 AM.

Comment

IBF is fair and plays by the rules. Which scares off a lot of the top stars who prefer having the rules bent in their favor.

but..... they are wrong

which makes being " fair "..... irrelevant

Comment

That's true and you have to respect that but it does make gaining undisputed harder, stripping Fury when he had no real way of retaining that belt felt harsh but I do respect them for sticking to there rules.

IBF is fair and plays by the rules. Which scares off a lot of the top stars who prefer having the rules bent in their favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
              The IBF has become a laughingstock as well. Their rankings are junk. I mean really, Hughie Fury @ 5? Really? Based on WHAT!? IBF is a trash org. At least WBO rankings are far better. WBC hands down tops
              They all have at least one how the ***** did he get in there in their top 10's.

The WBC had Stiverene at the top for how long when he wasn't rated by any other organisation, Ring, Boxrec .. anything and they now have Charles Martin back seriously ... easily the most corrupt of the four unless you count Frank Warren appearing to own the WBO in the UK.
              Last edited by DougalDylan; 07-13-2018, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                They all have at least one how the ***** did he get in there in their top 10's.
                Some of them have a who the **** is that guy as the #1 contender.

Example: WBO #1 Contender @ Welterweight
                Custio Clayton

Comment

"The same cannot be said for the other “title” fight the WBA has approved for Saturday night. There’s simply no justification for sanctioning Jhack Tepora-Edivaldo Ortega as a featherweight championship match, especially since the WBA made assurances in the recent past to stop its ridiculous practice of recognizing as many as three world champions in a single division."

The WBA is still fu*king RIDICULUOS!

Comment

Originally posted by JP'sIntheClinch View Post
                    I hear you brother! Drop the WBA, IBF, and WBO. Reconize only the WBC and IBO. At least the IBO uses a non-bias computer ranking system.
                    I been saying this for years. People need to stop sleeping on the IBO. Boxing fans just don't want to have another belt. If Floyd was smart he would had brought the WBA and IBF and combined them into one. It's all greed at this point. It just should be the green belt.

Comment

I stopped recognizing the WBA in 2001 when they created the super title and everybody else should have stopped too.

I've never recognized the WBO. People complain about all of the titles, but nobody forces you to recognize them. The WBC & IBF are the only belts I'll recognize until the WBA gets rid of the super titles.
                      This kid stopped recognizing the WBA in 2001 but made a Boxing Scene account including the WBA in his username in 2017. The more you know.

Comment

Working...
                      X