No announcement yet.

Wilder - Ortiz II total revenue $30m

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
    That’s what I’m thinking. How much was the ppv for the fight?
    $75, 275k buys

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
      That is gate plus PPV. $25m, excludes sponsorship which I estimate was $5m

Total gross $30m - $35m

Wilder took $3m
      and Ortiz $1.5m

Numbers were very successful for TV, and promoters!
      No idea where you got this info from and I am not even going to ask....

but Wilder's guarantee was $20 mill according to you people, which means there's $10 mill left over, 7 of which apparently goes to Ortiz...so there is now $3 mill left in the pot to divide between everyone else who takes a share...doesn't seem like a positive outcome lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Why do you keep harping on SHO passing on the fight when Fox decides to distribute the fight on PPV?

Fights get passed on by networks all the time. Networks also don’t approve opponents.
        No, fights don't "get passed on by networks all the time."
        Greedy promoters, managers, fighters would just have to make
        adjustments, like purse demands, etc., so that fights get made.
        In this case, Wilder's camp don't have any choice but to go to Fox.
        And since Fox is their only choice, they can't possibly be crazy
        enough to insist on their wasteful demands.
        Beggars can't be choosers.

In reality, PPV's are the only ways to make fights happen.
        Networks would rather just do it on regular subscription cable.
        Then the deal becomes you get your ridiculous money demand
        if the PPV sells. Otherwise, deal with it.
        Last edited by rickJen; 12-07-2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          No idea where you got this info from and I am not even going to ask....

but Wilder's guarantee was $20 mill according to you people, which means there's $10 mill left over, 7 of which apparently goes to Ortiz...so there is now $3 mill left in the pot to divide between everyone else who takes a share...doesn't seem like a positive outcome lol

Where are those guarantees from?

The purse ie contractual agreement is $3m Wilder, $1.5m Ortiz?

Comment

Where are those guarantees from?

The purse ie contractual agreement is $3m Wilder, $1.5m Ortiz?
            haha i know, I am just mentioning the guarantees the homies on here keep talking about

Comment

So, in summary.

In order to keep the WBC belt and retain Deontay Wilder, PBC will be taking a loss of $10,000,000+ per fight if this carries on.

Great business model.

Comment

Originally posted by CasperUK View Post
                So, in summary.

In order to keep the WBC belt and retain Deontay Wilder, PBC will be taking a loss of $10,000,000+ per fight if this carries on.

Great business model.
                If his purse was $3m, which it was, it is sustainable

Comment

If his purse was $3m, which it was, it is sustainable
                  Even the forbes article says:

If you’re wondering why those purses seem so low for bonafide heavyweight stars, don’t fear. Both men likely will make much more money when the PPV receipts are tallied, and it’s certainly possible Wilder—who is a -600 betting favorite while Ortiz is a +450 underdog—has a large guarantee for additional millions (if not tens of millions) from Premier Boxing Champions.

Comment

Some of the **** y'all conflate....what the goddamn hell.

Wilder was given 20 million as a purse or as an agreement to fight on fox? I'm confused because I thought the 20 mil guarantee was for Wilder to go to fox.

Where's this 3 mil purse come from if he was given 20 mil? I don't mean Forbes I mean who is paying it.

20 mil minimum for the PPV because someone said it was north of 275k buys? Okay.

The gate was 10 mil? Okay.

The endorsements another 5 mil? Sure, okay.

35 mil from the fight but does Fox get any gate or is that PBC's money?

Who gave Wilder 20 mil?

Whose endorsements are those? endorsements means like hublot and floyd right? Not some **** like a power armour commercial interrupting a Fox promo show, right?

Did fox have advertisements during the over million viewers promo ****? I forget what it's called but y'all know, foxes version of the gloves are off.

Did the venue pay anything for anything? Did the venue take money?

I'm confused by the conflation of PBC numbers with Fox numbers. Who is paying out what and who is getting back what hasn't been made clear by hater or fanboy.

If we're going to watch money and make fun of or congratulate the suits behind boxing at least do it right. What y'all have on both sides is a half assed story and little else.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Even the forbes article says:

If you’re wondering why those purses seem so low for bonafide heavyweight stars, don’t fear. Both men likely will make much more money when the PPV receipts are tallied, and it’s certainly possible Wilder—who is a -600 betting favorite while Ortiz is a +450 underdog—has a large guarantee for additional millions (if not tens of millions) from Premier Boxing Champions.
                      That’s the unknown, what is he getting above his purse, a % of the sales or as posters claim a guaranteed lump sum payment with no link to sales.

I would be shocked if networks would agree a guaranteed lump sum beyond his purse, even Mayweather had none, but a guaranteed % for PPV sales.

Comment

Working...
                      X