Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let’s settle it: Did Calzaghe REALLY beat B-Hop?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let’s settle it: Did Calzaghe REALLY beat B-Hop?

I say it should have been a draw or a slim points win for the Alien...

...but I don’t think it was a robbery, either.

Thoughts?

Yes he did,Hopkins simply did not let his hands go enough, close win for Joe

Comment

Calzaghe won but it wasn't a bad performance for a 43 year old Hopkins. He even dropped the brit in the 1st round. Fair to say that a younger BHop would've easily won

Comment

Yea, he beat him. And, I think the KD was bullshyt because Hopkins pushed him. That's what I don't like about BHop's late career, when he lost athleticism, he just started doing everything as cheaply as possible. Gritty is one thing, gaming the system in every way possible ain't cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Yea, he beat him. And, I think the KD was bullshyt because Hopkins pushed him. That's what I don't like about BHop's late career, when he lost athleticism, he just started doing everything as cheaply as possible. Gritty is one thing, gaming the system in every way possible ain't cool.
          Saying that Joe Smith pushed him, and then saying that he didn't know he had a twenty count were pretty bad.

Then there's the Dawson fight...because THAT wasn't a waste of ****ing money.

Comment

Was close but Calzaghe won..I also remember that KD being questionable

Comment

Also, who dictated this odd catchweight? Strange for a career middleweight and a career super-middleweight to fight at 172

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
                I say it should have been a draw or a slim points win for the Alien...

...but I don’t think it was a robbery, either.

Thoughts?
                cal won by a few rounds, was not that controversial even at the time. Not that hard to score either

Comment

Calzaghe 116-111. Hopkins did nothing after the first two rounds.

Comment

He sure did beat him, and he would have beat him by an even wider margin had they both been ten years younger.

Comment

Working...
                    X