Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Aims To Fight Smart, Not Go To War With Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe Canelo's tactics for this fight are very wise. I also think he can still inflict damage on Kovalev without going toe to toe. I've not always been a Canelo fan but his second fight with GGG has convinced me he truly is one of the best. Canelo has the skills to fight the other top LHWs but doe he have the size?
    Last edited by OldTerry; 10-18-2019, 12:56 PM. Reason: add content

Comment

Please Lord, allow the Krusher to land a clean, straight right hand to the jaw of Clenelo, rendering him temporarily unconscious. Allow him to be awaken, by your grace, after the referee's ten count has concluded. Please bring no lasting physical harm to Clenelo.

Amen.

Comment

caneloi is a lowlife punk coward roid raging pos cheat. His fans are delusional tools who probably also cheat and take roids.

Comment

Kovalev should win, remember Ward had to hit Kovalev in the nuts to TKO him. it wasn't a KO.

Comment

Translation: it's gonna be another boring fight that will go to decision. And in the near future, Canelo fights ex UFC star. After that, he'll fight in the WCW, a la Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
              Kovalev should win, remember Ward had to hit Kovalev in the nuts to TKO him. it wasn't a KO.
              yeah, but how does kov look ever since that fight? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                Yes. Let’s not forget Bivol was saved by the Bell and Johnson and Karpency fringe contenders dropped them. Yeah google those guys. Johnson some reason let up when he had Beterbiev hurt???
                I disagree. None of those fighters are 36 yrs old, none of those fighters have the wear and tear Kovalev has, none of those fighters have been stopped twice in the past couple of years like Kovalev has, none of those fighters were nearly stopped by a novice just about 7 weeks ago. No way Canelo opens up as a 4-1 favorite over any of them. Canelo won't open up as a 4-1 favorite over andrade, Charlo, callum smith, plant or benavidez either. You know about gambling so you should know that while it's not a lock, they base their odds on several factors and all of those factors come into play in this fight and that's also why team Canelo decided to go in that direction. Again, Do you think they'd pick Kovalev if he was the same guy that was knocking pascal all over the ring?
                Last edited by Jab jab boom; 10-18-2019, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Why do you say that?

John David Jackson was a two-weight world champion who was trained by the legendary George Benton and then later on by Emmanuel Steward.
                  IMO I believe that McGirt is the more proven trainer; his knowledge is 2nd to none, and he tells it how it is. JDJ was a good fighter, champion, and even being involved with an aging B Hop, IMO it is the communication factor between the 2. JDJ is a good trainer, I just prefer McGirt, who also was a Champ.

Comment

it'll be kind of hard to box the bigger, larger and heavier hitter fighter, especially with one of the best jabs in boxing, and get away with a decision, unless the scores have already been written down in the cards. Krusher outboxed Ward in their first fight, Ward is taller and was considered p4p leader at that time, Canelo has improved a lot on his skills but he is not much lighter on his feet than krusher and will be carrying additional weight for several weeks, not gaining it overnight, which could work both ways. Krusher hits very hard with both hands but canelo hasn't been hurt since i think it was cotto's brother and although he hasn't ko'd any good fighter from 154 to 168 he has a chance to hurt krusher's belly. Three years ago I'd pick krusher with eyes closed to either ko or win every round, now i think its a toss up.

Comment

I don’t understand your post at all.

What does what everyone thought would happen in GGG-Canelo 1 have to do with the fact that Canelo always gets the benefit of the doubt on the scorecards?

I was impressed with how well Canelo did in the first fight but still scored it 116-112 GGG. Scoring that fight for Canelo is insane and scoring it a draw is giving Canelo the benefit of the doubt.

The benefit of the doubt scoring for Canelo also happened in the rematch and in his fights against Lara, Jacobs, Trout and Mayweather.

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      If GGG would of even knocked Canelo down one time he wins and that’s a FACT unless your saying the judges have erasers and would just change it up??? Don’t forget almost EVERYONE said GGG Knocks Canelo out in the first fight. Including you unless your a liar???

A Light Heavyweight shouldn’t be trying to decision a Middleweight anyways! Are you stupid or rtarded??? Like that clown who responded to your comment is this a PPV fight? You don’t even have a clue...

Comment

Working...
                      X