Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will Adamek fight after Miller?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      What would shock everyone, that seems realistic enough, do you think?

And yea Chavez Jr would get a chuckle from cats here I bet. Hope thats not a move Hearn is making. Not sure what Chavez Jr's fanbase looks like these days, but the main thing for Hearn with this type of pickup would be you can't trust him to not get caught for PEDs or to quit in a fight or other random nonsense that could reflect badly on Hearn & DAZN at this early point in their play.
      He said that this was his first "mega card". Who is there that can headline such a thing? I cant work out any possibility unless theres been some bluffing going on by the PBC guys, but I doubt it. Kugan asked if it was Mikey and he said no.

Comment

I like the fights on DAZN schedule so I hope they do well, but what other sports can they get? I heard Soccer, but most leagues are sewn up already.

NBC - Premier League
        beIN Sports - La Liga
        Fox - Bundesliga, MLS select games
        TNT - Champions League
        Univision - Liga MX, MLS
        ESPN+ - Serie A, MLS, English Championship, English League Cup, FA Cup, Chinese super League.. Probably more.

Comment

This is what the DaysInn site says is upcoming during the free-month trial:

September, Bellator 205, sept 21, Anthony joshua vs alexander povetkin, sept 22, Bellatore 206, sept 29

october, oct 6 Jessie vargas vs thomas dulorme, oct 12 Bellatore 207, oct 13 Bellatore 208, oct 20 billy joe saunder, demetrius andrade

Three Bellator, three boxing. That's copied straight from the DaysInn website, that's what THEY list -- don't @ me.

So that's:

Joshua vs. Povetkin with a crap undercard and zero buzz. But still by far the best offering.

Vargas vs. a guy coming off a loss who has lost 2 of his last 4. ESPN undercard-level stuff.

Billy Joe the Chicken Chucker vs. Andrade to decide who the fifth or sixth best middleweight in the world is.

I'm not going to take the free trial because I get plenty of fights on (ESPN/Fox not to mention Showtime/HBO) that are as good or better. If I did sign up for a service, it would be ESPN+ because it's half the price, I'm more familiar with more of the fighters and they also offer tons of other sports.

And I'll watch AJ-Povetkin free later that day on Youtube anyway, so why give up my credit card info for that?

This is the big rollout, the time DaysInn should be putting on some PPV-level megacard that says "You Cannot Live Without It." Instead, we get Adamek-Baby Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            He said that this was his first "mega card". Who is there that can headline such a thing? I cant work out any possibility unless theres been some bluffing going on by the PBC guys, but I doubt it. Kugan asked if it was Mikey and he said no.
            When is the card supposed to be?

I'd assume if he can get Joshua on it that'd be a good play. Joshua down with fighting again this year or early next year or whenever this mega card is? Thought I heard he wasn't fighting til April doe now that I think about it.

Mega card fighters?!?!?!

Thurman still has nothing planned although rumors suggest he'll be on the Wilder vs Fury undercard.

I don't think Spence or the Charlo's are going anywhere.

Is Ward coming back? GGG seems ripe for an offer from a non-HBO entity.

As for Mexican dudes specifically...with HBO influx Mungiua seems like a guy who'd be getting offers from Hearn. Linares still locked in with GBP I wonder? I'm surprised he don't already got Miguel Berchelt. Not many free agents who clear the hurdle of mega card for me.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
              This is what the DaysInn site says is upcoming during the free-month trial:

September, Bellator 205, sept 21, Anthony joshua vs alexander povetkin, sept 22, Bellatore 206, sept 29

october, oct 6 Jessie vargas vs thomas dulorme, oct 12 Bellatore 207, oct 13 Bellatore 208, oct 20 billy joe saunder, demetrius andrade

Three Bellator, three boxing. That's copied straight from the DaysInn website, that's what THEY list -- don't @ me.

So that's:

Joshua vs. Povetkin with a crap undercard and zero buzz. But still by far the best offering.

Vargas vs. a guy coming off a loss who has lost 2 of his last 4. ESPN undercard-level stuff.

Billy Joe the Chicken Chucker vs. Andrade to decide who the fifth or sixth best middleweight in the world is.

I'm not going to take the free trial because I get plenty of fights on (ESPN/Fox not to mention Showtime/HBO) that are as good or better. If I did sign up for a service, it would be ESPN+ because it's half the price, I'm more familiar with more of the fighters and they also offer tons of other sports.

And I'll watch AJ-Povetkin free later that day on Youtube anyway, so why give up my credit card info for that?

This is the big rollout, the time DaysInn should be putting on some PPV-level megacard that says "You Cannot Live Without It." Instead, we get Adamek-Baby Miller.
              Campbell vs Mendy 2 is on the Joshua Povetkin Undercard, definitely a solid fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                When is the card supposed to be?

I'd assume if he can get Joshua on it that'd be a good play. Joshua down with fighting again this year or early next year or whenever this mega card is? Thought I heard he wasn't fighting til April doe now that I think about it.

Mega card fighters?!?!?!

Thurman still has nothing planned although rumors suggest he'll be on the Wilder vs Fury undercard.

I don't think Spence or the Charlo's are going anywhere.

Is Ward coming back? GGG seems ripe for an offer from a non-HBO entity.

As for Mexican dudes specifically...with HBO influx Mungiua seems like a guy who'd be getting offers from Hearn. Linares still locked in with GBP I wonder? I'm surprised he don't already got Miguel Berchelt. Not many free agents who clear the hurdle of mega card for me.
                November 17th its happening. Hes been waiting to make sure Wilder/Fury werent clashing. Can pretty much rule out every one of those guys you mentioned for one reason or another

Comment

November 17th its happening. Hes been waiting to make sure Wilder/Fury werent clashing. Can pretty much rule out every one of those guys you mentioned for one reason or another
                  Good luck to Hearn on making a mega card in 2 months with his roster or who he can get before Nov. 17 lol. I suspect it won't be considered a mega card by most fans. Even if he makes one big signing whats the odds he gots an opponent that makes it "PPV worthy". Only a handful of PPV cats in the game.

Comment

I thought the "mega" card had been pushed back to the December NY card? I don't have high hopes for that Vegas card, Burns/Beltran as the co-main for Chavez Jr vs Sergio Mora probably

Comment

Try The App

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      First free month has Joshua-Povetkin. Groves-Smith and Saunders-Andrade. I don't see why people wouldn't give it a chance.
                      Absolutely, try the app out. The first month will be the most exciting. People will cancel after 30 days!

Comment

Working...
                      X