No announcement yet.

When Boxers Lose Their 0 Part 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Boxers Lose Their 0 Part 1

Video should have included all the posts from forum members calling them 'bums' straight after

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      Great post.

Got 'em all except RJJ- forgot about the DQ.

The moral of all this is...you can lose your "0" and still go on to good and sometimes great things.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        Great post.

Got 'em all except RJJ- forgot about the DQ.

The moral of all this is...you can lose your "0" and still go on to good and sometimes great things.
        And you shouldn't be afraid to lose your 0 against a worthy opponent and duck him just for that reason.

It's one of the things I dislike most about Mayweather, yes he fought great fighters, but he was always so scared about losing that 0 that he wouldn't get in with anyone at any time. I think he changed the culture by doing that, showing other fighters that they could avoid tough fights at least for a while and preserve that 0, because that's the way to make money.

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
          And you shouldn't be afraid to lose your 0 against a worthy opponent and duck him just for that reason.

It's one of the things I dislike most about Mayweather, yes he fought great fighters, but he was always so scared about losing that 0 that he wouldn't get in with anyone at any time. I think he changed the culture by doing that, showing other fighters that they could avoid tough fights at least for a while and preserve that 0, because that's the way to make money.
          I would love you to show me who fought back to back fighters like this

Oscar-154 champ
          Hatton-140 champ p4p top 10
          Jmm-p4p#2
          Mosley-p4p #3 WBA 147 champ
          Ortiz-WBC 147 champ
          Cotto-WBA 154 champ
          Guerrero-p4p top 10
          Maidana-WBA 147 champ
          Pacquiao-p4p#2 WBO 147 champ

Is anyone doing anywhere close to this..People love to slam Floyd but can you list 5 fighters from the last 20 years with a run like that??

Comment

Oscar-154 champ
            Jmm-p4p#2
            Ortiz-WBC 147 champ
            Cotto-WBA 154 champ
            Guerrero-p4p top 10
            Maidana-WBA 147 champ

Is anyone doing anywhere close to this..People love to slam Floyd but can you list 5 fighters from the last 20 years with a run like that??
            I'm not slamming Floyd, I acknowledge that he fought excellent fighters and should be considered an ATG.

I also think he influenced the culture around boxing and made it more acceptable to avoid certain fights that a fighter perceives as dangerous to preserve their undefeated record even when the public wants to see those fights. He showed you could still make a lot of money this way, and get around to those fights later.

When less talented boxers follow that path it's way more annoying because at least Floyd proved he was great.

Comment

Oscar-154 champ
              Jmm-p4p#2
              Ortiz-WBC 147 champ
              Cotto-WBA 154 champ
              Guerrero-p4p top 10
              Maidana-WBA 147 champ

Absolutely absurd when folks try to run Floyd's record down.

And the only other names they can come up with are usually Margarito (a proven cheat and fraud) and Paul Williams (who was avoided by everyone at 147 including Cotto, Pac, Shane and a grip of other big names). And the irony is Floyd has a more legit reason than any of those guys for not fighting PWill. They had the same management.

Floyd was always in with a champion, usually one coming off a career win, a KO, or both.

Comment

Oscar-154 champ
                Jmm-p4p#2
                Ortiz-WBC 147 champ
                Cotto-WBA 154 champ
                Guerrero-p4p top 10
                Maidana-WBA 147 champ

amen

people act like floyd didnt wanna fight shane many years earlier but shane didnt duck cause he had a toothache and vacation to take...lol....floyd was high risk low reward when shane was a big name and shane avoided HIM

he would have fought cotto much earlier too but arum had him and wouldnt let him near floyd....arum wouldnt let none of his guys near him after he left TR....

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  Absolutely absurd when folks try to run Floyd's record down.

And the only other names they can come up with are usually Margarito (a proven cheat and fraud) and Paul Williams (who was avoided by everyone at 147 including Cotto, Pac, Shane and a grip of other big names).

Floyd was always in with a champion, usually one coming off a career win, a KO, or both.
                  people forget that arum confirmed floyd DID agree to fight margarito for 8 million.....but floyd asked for future guarantees for hatton and cotto fights and floyd wanted something like 4-6 mil more, total between the two fights, than arum was willing to give him and thats partially why they split......arum actually said had they agreed on terms for the future fight.....this was confirmed in a rafael article that is archived and ive posted many times

arum thought floyd would be back and to use TR the way he used golden boy to co promotie his fights...when he used GB instead bob flipped and started talking about floyd was scared of margarito

t

Comment

Does the video include when Pacquiao got knocked out by a malnourished asian?

Comment

Working...
                    X