Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop giving GGG all these excuses, he did not get old over night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is kind of silly. I'll admit that Canelo definitely won the story of the fight. Abel dared him to come forward, and he did. He stood his ground, made it extremely tight and really impressed me. But I still strongly believe Golovkin won 7 rounds. So Canelo won the overall story, but Golovkin still won in the way that actually matters - by winning the most rounds. I like both of these fighters equally; they are my two favorite in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      Elite boxers rarely get knock outs when they face other elite boxers

The KOs usually stop when you step up in class that’s nothing new

Most top shelf talents when they fight to the distance , add to it Canelo and Gennady have great chins probably 2 of the best in the game so a KO should have really been expected by either

Doesn’t change the fact that Canelo didn’t win 7 rounds and got another one of his favourable decisions but keep spinning it like he deserves the win
      QFT. GGG fought a few elite boxers his whole career. That's why his KOs stopped. He'll fight another bum next and KO him and people will be all over his jock again.

Close fight that could have gone either way. GGG is the same boxer today as he was a couple years ago. Maybe he should give Jacobs a rematch finally.

Comment

He is old these days. He's not the fighter he was a few years back but I wouldn't say it's happened over night, more gradually. Boxers naturally lose an edge as they get older. Certainly at the wrong side of the 30's.

He's still a top fighter though, one of the best in the game, even at 36. He's shown that by being competitive (unlucky not to win in most people's eyes) against a top tier younger fighter in Canelo.

Guys like Vanes etc, GGG would be beating them into his 40's.

Comment

Of course Golovkin got tired it was a grueling fight. There is no doubt age played a part in it. Both guys were tired.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            The 2 boxers he boxed that were either elite or a notch below he had issues with, lost or could not even drop them...This same "old" GGG just destroyed Vanes a few months ago..why??? because thats the level of boxers he has been destroying his entire career..Take him up a level and you see he is not this monster the media tried to make him out to be. Look at all the people he has stopped, really take a look at all his wins and show me one p4p, elite boxer he has dominated..just 1!!!!!!!!!!!
            I didn’t have a dog in that fight. But I think GGG has been slowly declining for about 2-3 years now, as any 32-36 offensive fighters should.
            It’s not that hard to see.

Nonetheless, I have no problem with the decision. It was a good close fight.

Comment

The older man finished stronger. Not a good sign for Canelo

Comment

u cant even mention the word old on here without the loons screaming excuses excuses, if golovkin can beat canelo now or even draw then i would put money on him beating him 3 or 5 years ago, i dont think even the vegas judges could pull canelo out of that one but u never know

Comment

Agreed. Theres a reason Canelo waited for Golovkin to get old before fighting him

Comment

Somebody told me "Canelo" did all that damage wearing "Winning" gloves is this true??

Comment

He was probably wearing Margarito wraps. Wouldn't put it past him

Comment

Working...
                      X