No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Golovkin: We Saw it Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    Think about your whole lost history you have never picked right fights come on man ydsab
    We shall see AK.
    It's not the end of the year yet.
    Your not that far infront of a newbie so i wouldnt be
    Bragging too much.

Comment

Credit to both of them for two compelling battles

Comment

I would like to join ESPN reporters in saying "I respectfully disagree with this decision". But that's just to be polite as GGG, Abel and Tom tries to be. The truth is that I think it's a robbery. Only this time it is not so visible as fight was close. Canelo fought great and all but was not doing enough to win. I think result would be the same even if there would be 1-2 more clear rounds for GGG. So yes, Tom is correct - there will not be decision for GGG in Vegas. I see that these threads are full of Canelo fans dancing on GGG grave but before You start to call me names (which You will do anyway) here are unofficial scorecards from across net. I haven't seen yet single credible unofficial scorecard favouring Canelo. Don't call me stupid. Call them.

Boxingscene.com Canelo 114-114 GGG
        TheGuardian.com Canelo 112-116 GGG
        Forbes.com Canelo 113-116 GGG
        Cbssports.com Canelo 112 - 116 GGG
        Boxing news 24 Canelo 112 - 116 GGG
        Sportingnews.com Canelo 112 - 116 GGG
        Bloodyelbow.com Canelo 113 - 115 GGG
        Ring TV Canelo 114 - 114 GGG
        HBO Canelo 112 - 116 GGG
        Last edited by force.with.us; 09-17-2018, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          By Tris Dixon - SO that is that. Everything has been settled. It might take a while for the dust to settle in the desert but we now officially know there is nothing much between Gennady Golovkin and new middleweight ruler Saul Alvarez and that if they meet again it will likely be close and competitive. But we also know that if they have a third collision then the man they call Triple G' will be 37...
          [Click Here To Read More]

that article..... is why you don't judge a fight using compubox

Comment

it is similar to how some punters view Pac/Marquez

this is not amateur boxing..... which is why compubox - even if correct, and I wonder sometimes - is only relevant to stat-keepers, not judges

and I question the high numbers scored by compubox on occasion, it seems like they score just about anything

it is not about volume, it is about clean hard punches and effective aggression..... and more about who wins the exchanges and who controls the fight rather than who lands something that can technically be described as a punch

the judges know what to look for

that is why a lot of people think Marquez was unfortunate

Comment

not only did Abel Sanchez say that Canelo did enough to win, he also said Ward beat Kovalev

not a Sanchez fan, just saying

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Very biased article. Only talks about what Golovkin did during the fight. Writers for other sports don't show this kind of bias that is rampant in boxing writers articles. Very unprofessional and misleads casuals into thinking what the writer wants them to believe.
                  And what the writer want the fans to believe? where did he lie? Or the problem would be that article doesn't feat your agenda?

He's just stating that Golovkin was short changed having 1 scorecard out of 6 in Vegas since Nelo only outlanded GGG in 4 rounds out of 24.

He said there was no robbery, he's being quite fair unless you expect him to tell us Alvarez beat GGG from pilar to post wich is quite untrue.
                  Last edited by BillyBoxing; 09-17-2018, 05:32 AM.

Comment

This rock chin narrative old. I said it years ago. Golovkin is heavy handed but he is not a one punch KO artist. Boxing media payola level.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      it is similar to how some punters view Pac/Marquez

this is not amateur boxing..... which is why compubox - even if correct, and I wonder sometimes - is only relevant to stat-keepers, not judges

and I question the high numbers scored by compubox on occasion, it seems like they score just about anything

it is not about volume, it is about clean hard punches and effective aggression..... and more about who wins the exchanges and who controls the fight rather than who lands something that can technically be described as a punch

the judges know what to look for

that is why a lot of people think Marquez was unfortunate
                      Compubox stats is some fat old geezer pushing a button, people should seriously stop even thinking about using it as some argument about fight verdicts. In both fights Golovkin got hit with a completely unignorable amount of power shots. I fail to think what could Golovkin possibly, with mostly his pitter patter jabs mostly landed on the gloves, have done to better Canelo's connects, which were better and more numerous, Golovkin at best, only matched him during some exchanges, only rarely clearly winning an exchange, and almost always receiving the worst of the incoming fire constantly and consistently.

Comment

Working...
                      X