No announcement yet.

Steve Rolls is not that bad - change my mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Rolls is not that bad - change my mind

Just was watching some film on him. He's always in good shape, pretty good technically which makes sense since he was a good enough amateur.

Pretty good fighter on the inside, keeps good distance and range and has a decent jab. And his straight right hand looks pretty dangerous, dangerous enough at least to make someone be cautious on the way in.

Not getting into what his ranking is, just from film and also from who he has fought I really don't think he will be a walkover for GGG. We will see. Regardless I would like to see Rolls against someone else at MW because I don't think he will get run through by others quite so easily.

Resume wise he KD and beat Nicholson - who drew Aleem, who drew/lost to Korobov, who pretty much drew with Charlo. By that logic he barely beat a guy, who tied with a guy, who barely lost to Charlo and Korobov. Would put him about on their level.

If GGG's jab can land and keep Rolls on the back foot, I think GGG can get him out of there and fairly early. But otherwise it may be a bit of a chess match until the later rounds. GGG ain't getting any younger either so he could always get caught.

Just my 2 cents from looking at Rolls - if someone has a different breakdown I would be interested in hearing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T24xd7w9-ZA
    Last edited by Boxing_1013; 05-27-2019, 12:11 PM.

He is 35 years old and has only been scheduled for a 10 rounder ONCE in his career.

You Geetards are really pathetic.
    Last edited by mcdonalds; 05-27-2019, 12:37 PM.

Comment

lol.................wow

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
        He is a 35 years old and has only been scheduled for a 10 rounder ONCE in his career.

You Geetards are really pathetic.
        Good point about the age and rounds. He did look to fatigue a bit against Leatherwood so in part for that reason I don't think he will go the distance with GGG. Again GGG is getting old though so he could always get caught, it's boxing.

Lol dude I don't give a fu.ck about Steve Rolls. Just was watching his film and looked at his resume and he isn't as bad as people are making him out to be imo. I feel I provided some good points there but I know you have to hate on GGG at every opportunity so be you bro!

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          lol.................wow
          Can you refute what I was saying though Larry - that's a big problem with a lot of 'fans' on this website - what do you think of the film on him?

What is your opinion of him as a fighter - strengths and weaknesses? What do you make of his win over Nicholson, who drew with Aleem, who basically drew with Charlo/Korobov?

People on here don't really want to talk boxing, just want to hate on certain fighters and have a love affair with others.

Comment

It's pretty bad but I'll watch him get knocked out and whoever Madrimov knocks out, too

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
              Can you refute what I was saying though Larry - that's a big problem with a lot of 'fans' on this website - what do you think of the film on him?

What is your opinion of him as a fighter - strengths and weaknesses? What do you make of his win over Nicholson, who drew with Aleem, who basically drew with Charlo/Korobov?

People on here don't really want to talk boxing, just want to hate on certain fighters and have a love affair with others.
              I think you are showing film of him against low level boxers and he is not even elite against them..thats like me showing film of a AAU "OK" basketball player playing in the church league

Comment

Lol.... are you serious? I am fully expecting another GGG/Martirosyan spectacle. The guy is rated as the #77 middleweight in the world by BoxRec while GGG is #2 (some would argue he should be #1). This is a horrible mismatch, just because Rolls had some mild success against some C-level boxers and doesn't balloon between fights you think it's going to be competitive?

Do you think they picked Steve Rolls because they wanted a competitive, chess match of a fight? They want a huge early or mid-rounds KO for his DAZN debut, especially after his last two fights that went the distance with no KDs against Canelo.

"Resume wise he KD and beat Nicholson - who drew Aleem, who drew/lost to Korobov, who pretty much drew with Charlo. By that logic he barely beat a guy, who tied with a guy, who barely lost to Charlo and Korobov. Would put him about on their level."
                I just want to make sure everybody read that ^, that cracked me up. One of the dumbest comments I've ever read in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  I think you are showing film of him against low level boxers and he is not even elite against them..thats like me showing film of a AAU "OK" basketball player playing in the church league
                  Leatherwood is average, that's true.

But the fact that Rolls beat and KD Nicholson, who tied Aleem, who was basically as good as Korobov/Charlo...I mean that says something. The guy is not that bad imo. That comparison proves it.

Comment

This fool said Rolls could make it a chess match.

Damn he took this to a whole new level lol. Classic use of boxrec and triangle theories to mask the smell of dung of this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X