Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is Canelo's 'signature' win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on what you consider "signature".

I think putting Kirkland out cold is the standout win on his resume.

however, he beat Lara (questionable), Kirkland, GGG and Jacobs.

I think his standout fight is GGG though. He fought GGG at his best twice and beat him convincingly the second time. He took something away from GGG too, because GGG hasn't been the same since that fight either.

Comment

GGG the 2nd time.

Although he did very much indeed lose the first...the 2nd is his most officially elite victory...though that was also close. Canelo is smart not take that fight again.

Comment

He has a signature loss, to Floyd. No signature wins, just dubious ones. His performance overall against Golovkin is admirable, but not distinctive.

Comment

no need for just one signature win, at under 30 he already has a signature resume with more to come...

Comment

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
            Lmfao. Just fangirl with no good comebacks who has nothing to say when presented with facts

"Canelos signture win is the narrative against GGG" - you

Lmfaoooooo
            “Haha!”

Canelo beat up GGG! Facts!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Can't say he has a signiture win if it's required to be a clear victory against another top fighter. If it means beating someone with a name to add to his legacy it would probably be Mosley. Moving up and fighting a champion in a higher weight class two divisions up from Canelo weight is impressive so Fielding would have to be another signature win. He does have the distinction of having a signature loss. The Mayweather fight against a much older smaller fighter in which he didn't win a single round.
              Wow, that's a huge throw of shade at him without even putting up harsh words into them

Comment

- -Watching the riffraff moan over Canelo...priceless!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                  See was that that hard!!! lol...thanks for indulging me there at least.

I mean it's boxing man...no one lands every time...but he landed that punch a lot..that jab is the main thing that has made him special imo.

They were good fights but yeah I think GGG just outworked Jacobs and Nelo in those 3 fights...just like SD outworked GGG in their fight...only difference there imo is GGG had the KD in his favor in that fight, and probably stole round 2 as well by opening up that big cut, which made that fight a close fight on my card...but SD was pretty clearly the better man imo...just as GGG was pretty clearly better in those 3 fights for me.
                  He wasn't landing those jabs often like you say, its on video.

I had Jacobs beating him & Nelo beating him twice. I can't say anything about the D-Chenko fight cuz I didn't see it but that knockdown you speak of was on the highlight reel & it was a punch to the back of the head which shouldn't of counted in the rules & that cut I heard was from a head bunt. When they post it on the Tube I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
                    Floyd stinks, he cherry picked all his opponents including a 22 year old Canelo and A-sided the **** out of him ontop of that, Canelo was dehydrated AF and you can see it during the weigh in.
                    If T.B.E. stinks then everyone else is below him & really stink. His so called "cherry picked" must of been some GREAT cherries, only the best. You dudes were saying before they signed to fight that T.B.E. would never fight Nelo & the SECOND T.B.E. outclassed him ya'll made fake excuses. Nelo was younger & stronger but could of never been faster or smarter than T.B.E.

Comment

• Gennady Golovkin

Comment

Working...
                      X