No announcement yet.

Dystopian Future, in the Present?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dystopian Future, in the Present?

Does anyone ever feel like we've already entered a dystopian reality? Why or why not?

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
    Does anyone ever feel like we've already entered a dystopian reality? Why or why not?
    Dystopian reality where standard of life is higher now than any other time in history? Where technology is saving more lives and making them better everyday? Where there is greater peace in today's time than any other time before?

Is that what a dystopian reality looks like to you?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      Dystopian reality where standard of life is higher now than any other time in history? Where technology is saving more lives and making them better everyday? Where there is greater peace in today's time than any other time before?

Lol

End/thread

Comment

I guess it depends where you live.

Certain countries are sheltered from the struggles that are going on in the rest of the world

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I guess it depends where you live.

Certain countries are sheltered from the struggles that are going on in the rest of the world
          Global poverty rate has been cut in half since 1980. People starving because they don't have anything to eat has been virtually eliminated.

Comment

Global poverty rate has been cut in half since 1980. People starving because they don't have anything to eat has been virtually eliminated.
            SunSpace is in Puerto Rico. I doubt these stats are much comfort to him right about now.

Comment

SunSpace is in Puerto Rico. I doubt these stats are much comfort to him right about now.
              Regardless, that's not the argument. Was the world less dystopian 30 years ago?

Comment

I would say yes. Many economies and governments hadn't been deliberately brought down yet.

Comment

I would say yes. Many economies and governments hadn't been deliberately brought down yet.
                  Yeah and twice as many people starved, had no access to clean water, or basic technology like a computer which exponentially accelerates education of third world countries. The Soviet Union still existed where the threat of nuclear war was far more real than today. China was a far more oppressive regime, and in North Korea millions died from a famine.

But you know atleast the Sadam Iraqi government was still in existence.

Comment

Yeah and twice as many people starved, had no access to clean water, or basic technology like a computer which exponentially accelerates education of third world countries. The Soviet Union still existed where the threat of nuclear war was far more real than today. China was a far more oppressive regime, and in North Korea millions died from a famine.

But you know atleast the Sadam Iraqi government was still in existence.

Lmao

Shoulderroll you a good dude, but jimraynor is dropping common sense on you

Comment

Working...
                    X