Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know the Longest streak for a Title Not Being Defended?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know the Longest streak for a Title Not Being Defended?

In terms of the title changing hands consecutively with no one making a defense. Like fighter A wins it. Then fighter B beats him for it. Then fighter C beats him and so forth with no one making a defense.

I'm looking into it, but I wondered if anyone knew this.

The WBC Super Welterweight Title went from Sergio Mora to Vernon Forest to Sergio Martinez to Manny Pacquiao with no defenses there. A streak of about three years. Not too shabby.

Comment

not sure but floyd probably fought the winner to prove he was the best lol

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        not sure but floyd probably fought the winner to prove he was the best lol

Comment

When I was a kid the WBC super middleweight belt used to change hands a lot. Don't know if it fits your pattern but everybody and they mammy held that belt.

Comment

You technically have to defend once a year or you’re stripped so no one can just sit there with one for years with no activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
              When I was a kid the WBC super middleweight belt used to change hands a lot. Don't know if it fits your pattern but everybody and they mammy held that belt.
              Markus Beyer, Glenn Catley, Dingaan Thobela and Dave Hilton, Jr. had one defense between them in a two year stretch. That's pretty good.

Comment

Starting with Duane Thomas in 1986 onto Lupe Aquino onto Gianfranco Rosi to Donald Curry to Rene Jacquot to John Mugabi in 1990 featured just one defense between six champions in four years. Quite a run.

Comment

If you are Floyd, you are above titles!

Comment

Working...
                  X