Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CNN Writer Kamau Bells Thinks Ibtihaj Muhammad Should Have Been Americas Flag Bearer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN Writer Kamau Bells Thinks Ibtihaj Muhammad Should Have Been Americas Flag Bearer

As everyone might know, Michael Phelps was rightfully chosen to be Americas flag bearer at the Olympics ceremony, based on the fact that he is pretty much the greatest Olympian of all time.

However, not everyone agreed. CNN writer Kamau Bell had this to say
    "W. Kamau Bell: Michael Phelps, with 22 Olympic medals, doesn't need the additional honor of flag bearer.

Your stepping back will allow this moment to become something bigger than just another opening ceremony. No offense, but right now America has enough tall, successful, rich white guys hogging the spotlight trying to make America great ... again."

Full article here
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/04/opinio...-w-kamau-bell/
    Last edited by Enayze; 08-12-2016, 11:03 AM.

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
    As everyone might know, Michael Phelps was rightfully chosen to be Americas flag bearer at the Olympics ceremony, based on the fact that he is pretty much the greatest Olympian of all time.

"W. Kamau Bell: Michael Phelps, with 22 Olympic medals, doesn't need the additional honor of flag bearer.

Your stepping back will allow this moment to become something bigger than just another opening ceremony. No offense, but right now America has enough tall, successful, rich white guys hogging the spotlight trying to make America great ... again."

Full article here
    smdh.....

that's the mainstream media now.

buncha white man hating beta cucks.

disgusting.

Comment

I don't care about Phelps being white, I'm not just not sure putting a certified mouth breather in charge of the flag is a good choice.

That's like Eli Manning lighting the Olympic torch.

Comment

i have no idea who kamau bells is, but he should be disciplined or fired. horribly unprofessional and racist thing to say. phelps is an athlete, and a damn great one. the color of his skin has zero bearing on athletic accomplishment.

teh comments section of the article is f#cking hilarious. almost universally shunning this clown.
        Last edited by New England; 08-12-2016, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Didn't click the link, but I understand the argument people in favor of her carrying the flag are making : That she's basically a living embodiment of everything etched on the plaque at the Statue of Liberty. And that's cool. I get that argument and won't begrudge you for feeling that way.

That said, Michael Phelps is a goddamn national treasure. The single greatest Olympian in the history of the world, and one of the most dominant athletes, if not the most dominant athlete in international competition of all time.

I generally don't like it when people try to politicize sporting events.

Michael Phelps deserved to carry that flag more than any other athlete in our country's great sporting history. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
            I don't care about Phelps being white, I'm not just not sure putting a certified mouth breather in charge of the flag is a good choice.

That's like Eli Manning lighting the Olympic torch.
            He is very...downsy, isn't he?

What if it later turns out that he's half a ******, and all of his dominance was due to the well known phenomena of enhanced ****** strength?

Comment

The guy is just a beta low test male. He doesn't even use the word bltch. He says "b word"

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                He is very...downsy, isn't he?

What if it later turns out that he's half a ******, and all of his dominance was due to the well known phenomena of enhanced ****** strength?
                Micheal Phelps= Result of MKULTRA

Comment

it should have been Draymond Green and they should have told him to keep his mouth fully closed the whole time

it would have been epic to see him struggle to walk and close his mouth at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post

Full article here
                    and watch mainstream media say that this isn't a racist comment/response etc...

its sickening.

Comment

Working...
                    X