Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Arturo Gatti Deserve IBHOF Spot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butterbean was a circus side show. Gatti was a main event pro.
    Don't you know the difference?

I'm also being a little bit sarcastic.
    Also Butterbean was only famous with boxing fans who didn't know much about real boxing, like yourself.

Ray

Comment

I was being sarcastic, also.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Based upon resume no. Based upon entertainment value and his trilogy with Ward, it's not beyond reason. If they have room on the wall for Sly Stallone and Jim Lampley who never shed a drop of blood for this sport, there is room for Gatti.
        Yes. Where do we draw the line?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

Also Butterbean was only famous with boxing fans who didn't know much about real boxing, like yourself.

Ray
          Are you some sort of ******? Or just a hater?

It could be argued someone like Butterbean deserves a spot in the hall of fame more so than guys like Pernell whitaker or
          any of these other boring forgotten nobodies boxing hipsters like yourself rave on about.

Comment

Originally posted by Saad54 View Post
            I was being sarcastic, also.
            You don't think Bean belongs in the hall??
            another hater.

Comment

Future hall of famer. Mark my words haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

Ray
                Funny thing is, Butterbean was more recognizable by the general public than 90%of the real boxers were.

I remember after his boxing career was done, he basically made a small fortune with these shoot fights all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Danar View Post
                  It could be argued someone like Butterbean deserves a spot in the hall of fame more so than guys like Pernell whitaker

Oh man...

Thanks for my new sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    He didn't deserve to get into the Hall of Fame. And his inclusion has definitely lowered the standard to get in now.

In my opinion the Hall should be reserved for truly great fighters. Which he wasn't.
                    He won a world title i dont have a problem with him being included, he was better than Barry Mcguigan. If he was Luis Santana former WBC Light-Middleweight champion i would say no

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                      He won a world title i dont have a problem with him being included, he was better than Barry Mcguigan. If he was Luis Santana former WBC Light-Middleweight champion i would say no
                      Mcguigan at least won a proper world championship though. He was lineal and beat a very good fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X