Is Groves a P4P fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's essentially an undefeated fighter

Comment

Groves has been in much tougher fights than some top 10 P4P fighters for sure. Some guys are P4P only because they stand out in an easy weight class. For example, Linares is a decent win away from being top 10 P4P, but in reality he shouldn't within 5,000 miles of a top 10 P4P list.

Comment

Groves is really not that bad. He's one of the few legit British champions out here. Don't think Chunky can beat him still.

Comment

Bump. Easily a P4P fighter, he just dominated an elite MW. Eubank Jr., Chudinov, Murray, Degale etc.

Groves would arguably beat anybody at 160.

GSG would beat the **** out of lil g as well.

Comment

What a stupid thread.

You can't be a P4P fighter when you have L vs Jack and Froch

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
              If Groves beats Degale and then the Dirrell/Smith winner (hopefully Smith) then he will be P4P. He's looked great since his very close decision loss to Jack.
              DeGale is shot to **** and probably shouldn’t fight again

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                What a stupid thread.

You can't be a P4P fighter when you have L vs Jack and Froch
                Froch-Jack were both close fights, nobody ever put Froch down like GSG did and Froch was considered a P4P fighter.

Jack himself arguably beat Degale and ruined him with the beating he gave him last fight. He's fighting Stevenson after blowing Clevelry the hell out. Both men are levels ahead of opponents like Brook and Jacobs.

Groves would run through ggg's resume with absolute ease.

Comment

I suppose he's there somewhere in the top 20. But he's not going any higher because he's taken his lumps and I think he's winding down now.

Jack outlasted him but even then you can see that fight how you like. And Froch, it seems a bit disingenuous to say he was unlucky twice, and maybe that's not the right word but it's the only one I can think of.

Ultimately, I don't think George has been found wanting in his career.

I do think George is likely hoping Degale beats Truax and they do it again. I doubt he's that fussed now about fighting Braehmer or Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppo168 View Post
                    George Groves is underrated
                    Yeah, i said it on here a lot.

He had a SD loss to Badou Jack and that was the worst, most sluggish version of Groves i've ever seen. He was dreadful under Fitzpatrick, he got worse by the fight with him.

His only other loses were one dodgy stoppage to Froch in a fight where he give Froch hell, and then obviously the stoppage at Wembley. But Froch is one of the best SMW's in the last decade and it could be said Groves was still a bit young then anyway.

You would need to be top notch to beat Groves at his best in my opinion.

Comment

Lol no. Just a weird reactionary post after a win.

Comment

Working...
                      X