No announcement yet.

George Foreman vs Jerry Quarry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonRingRules
    Don't you ever think? Why did Quarry duck Midget Wolgast?

In the years that George turned pro, Quarry was KOed by Chuvalo, Ali, Frazier, and Norton.
    So your point? You answered my question? Why did Foreman duck Quarry? Hello?

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled HK
      So your point? You answered my question? Why did Foreman duck Quarry? Hello?
      ** Cut to the chase. Foreman turned pro in the middle of 69. When was he supposed to have ducked Quarry? Quarry lost every minor and major title fight he was ever in.

Comment

** Cut to the chase. Foreman turned pro in the middle of 69. When was he supposed to have ducked Quarry? Quarry lost every minor and major title fight he was ever in.
        Foreman was quoted ducking Quarry according to Quarry's website, and I highly doubt Quarry would lie about that, especially when he quoted George Foreman for saying it.

Comment

Foreman was quoted ducking Quarry according to Quarry's website, and I highly doubt Quarry would lie about that, especially when he quoted George Foreman for saying it.
          ** All you have is some Quarry website? The Quarrys did not live healthy lifestyles and Quarry hung on too long out of shape and punchy.

If George was gonna be intimidated, it woulda been Frazier or Liston who George idolized and sparred with. George in his first 13 months KOed Wepner, Chuvalo, and outpointed Peralta. Chuvalo had KOed Quarry and Peralta was a lot cuter than Quarry could ever imagine.

I spoke with George about Quarry. He rates Quarry high among heavies who never won a title, but, Quote: "Jerry was a counter puncher who gave sluggers hard fights." That's it.

George was ascending to a title fight while Quarry was descending into pug hell. Study up!

Comment

I spoke with George about Quarry. He rates Quarry high among heavies who never won a title, but, Quote: "Jerry was a counter puncher who gave sluggers hard fights." That's it.
            Are you serious? How did you get to know George Foreman? Are you good friends with him?

George was ascending to a title fight while Quarry was descending into pug hell. Study up!
            Okay, I will.

Comment

Are you serious? How did you get to know
              ** No, I ain't tight with George, I just caught him at the right time.

Shame is, Quarry ain't around to set the record straight.

Comment

A Quarry/Foreman fight was in the works at some point when Foreman was champ, but it never happened. Foreman was at the fight where Quarry beat Shavers in one, and supposedly, Foreman said, "There goes your title shot."

Comment

Originally posted by Frazier's 15th round
                  A Quarry/Foreman fight was in the works at some point when Foreman was champ, but it never happened. Foreman was at the fight where Quarry beat Shavers in one, and supposedly, Foreman said, "There goes your title shot."
                  ** So instead he fought Ken Norton and then Ali, all overseas. Yeah right, keep drinkin' the Koolaide!

Comment

I'm not drinking kool-aid, dickhead. This fact has been established for some time, if you bothered to look it up. Foreman even said "I dodged him, purposefully."

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
                      Don't you ever think? Why did Quarry duck Midget Wolgast?

In the years that George turned pro, Quarry was KOed by Chuvalo, Ali, Frazier, and Norton.
                      - -Nutin' beats an Oldie Goldie duck thread with the usual suspects passing around their gargled koolaide!

Comment

Working...
                      X