Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Reaction If Conor Stops Mayweather...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Reaction If Conor Stops Mayweather...?

I'm not asking whether you think it's probable (we all know it's a huge mismatch on paper) or whether you believe the fight will even happen at all or not. Just assume they'll fight in late 2017/early 2018 and picture a scenario where Conor eventually catches Floyd and knocks him out. What would your genuine reaction be? Not only to the KO but to the aftermath - How does it affect both Floyd and Conor's legacies?

Comment

Probably it would be the most laughable event in the history of the sport. But Legacy wise, that loss would forever be linked to ridicule Floyd, but it would not affect the past achievements of Floyd.

Comment

Comment

and the new....TBE....

Comment

oh please! Stop it!

Comment

will never happen in a million years but say it did happen, I prolly wont react to it much anymore. kinda getting tired of all the trashing on Floyd/pac from these 2 fan base.

Comment

Comment

I've been thinking about this fight if it actually did happen & outside of the payday this is a lose lose fight for Mayweather. I don't think he'll lose, but if he did he's a punchline despite all his accomplishments in boxing. But even if he wins & doesn't stop Conor its not a good look for him being the best guy of this era in boxing vs a guy who's never had a professional fight. He basically needs a 3 round stoppage of a one sided fight or to become a more entertaining guy in the ring for the masses or just play around in a crowd appealing way that a 12-0 decision leaves people feeling like they saw something & for his legacy to not be tarnished with this fight.

And for Conor this is a win win. I mean if he lucks out & even drops Mayweather its a moral victory. If he wins a round its a moral victory. F#ck a three punch combo where 2 punches almost land vs the best defensive fighter of this era is a moral victory. The bar is super high for Floyd & super low for Conor...and rightfully so despite fighting being fighting, boxing has rules that greatly differ from MMA & the NFL all stars even giving the NBA all stars a close game in basketball is a L for the NBA all stars & this situation wouldn't be any different.

The closest thing to this fight would be the Ali vs Anoki fight & for Ali this was a huge mistake in his career where he wasn't paid what he was promised, he had leg issues the rest of his career & supposedly came close to losing a leg over this unwatchable fight & ultimately the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. That said for better or worse with Floyd this fight seems like its worth the squeeze money-wise & the risk of being injured like Ali was in his joke fight seems unlikely plus he's already out of the game so if these guys legit wanna make this fight, which I tend to have serious doubts about as I think its more about keeping attention aimed their way, then it'll happen.

Comment

We would all say, "Damn... Mayweather was really shot... He got old..."

Comment

Working...
                    X