No announcement yet.

Cotto-Geale 3rd highest rated HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    cotto is the middleweight champion of the world. that's significant. it's the same title that hopkins, hagler, monzon, held.

i think these two should try and work out a 50/50 split. cotto is already going to get his way with a 155 lb catchweight. i don't think cotto is going to take 50/50, however.
    Canelo has been fighting at 155 for 3 fights in the row numbnuts and this is the weight that he feels at best. Fuking Canelotars are delusional...

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
      Yes....but you forgot one small detail:

COST: $10.00 + free taco = Every illegal immigrant in TX went to that fight for dinner.
      Sure that's the reason why Canelo fills out bigger arenas and sells more tickets and gets more TV ratings and why Mayweather PPV with Canelo breaks all gate record and PPV revenue records (only May/Pac is higher) and shattered Cotto's PPV with Mayweather. Whatever makes you sleep good at night. Canelo is just a bigger star and bigger box office draw then Cotto. No point denying it when all the facts prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
        Yes....but you forgot one small detail:

COST: $10.00 + free taco = Every illegal immigrant in TX went to that fight for dinner.
        cman man, there are people on this forum who bought tickets for that fight, ask em how much they paid...
        this is some that were offered to me from another poster and i ended up not buying cuz they were still a lil far for me and the wife...

Sec 205 row 8 seats 10 & 11. With all fees and taxes they were $264.

also dont forget that canelo can sell out the MGM at regular prices any given date vs nonames, just look at the lara fight...
        Last edited by icha; 06-09-2015, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HMICHMIC View Post
          What did Canelo ratings do?
          how much did the floyd-pac replay do as well?

Comment

Klitschko v Jennings and Canelo-Kirkland both got boosts from Mayweather-#48

I say Cotto is the A-side here

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Canelo's 2.1mill rating ****s on Cotto's 1.6mill. Canelo's 20k+ gates do aswell to Cotto's 12k gates. A-side decided.

Only caveat Cotto has, is that Canelo needs him. But Cotto is B-side no question.
              They had all day boxing for the canelo even. Like 20 fights some shit like that. Cotto had virtually NO undercard and no floyd-pac replay with HBO hyping it saying "if you thought that was the fight of the century, tune in for our next fight."

its marketing 101 really and you got baited.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                how much did the floyd-pac replay do as well?
                that replay was so important that canelo did twice those numbers...
                lets not even talk about the same fight on showtime...

Comment

Mexico is 10000 times bigger than PR. There is no doubt Canelo has a bigger fan base.

Either way Cotto is the champ so he'll probably have his monetary and ring entrance demands and think of himself as the A-Side.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                    Cotto should be the A side out of respect regardless of PPV buys or TV ratings, they arent that far apart when it comes to being a Draw, but there is a reason canelo wants cottos name on his resume, im a big canelo fan but cant deny cotto is a future hall of Famer and a win will do lots for canelos career, while i still agree due to canelos age he can continue without cotto, heck i think he would have been better now without the floyd fight...
                    this right here. Couldn't have said it any better. imo 60-40 if they fight in canelo's backyard or maybe 50/50 55/45 to fight in cotto's backyard. IMO its a win win for both fighters and their teams. They are selling it well imo cuz I've seen some postings on twitter than people are talking more about Cotto-Canelo than asking about floyd's next opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      They had all day boxing for the canelo even. Like 20 fights some shit like that. Cotto had virtually NO undercard and no floyd-pac replay with HBO hyping it saying "if you thought that was the fight of the century, tune in for our next fight."

its marketing 101 really and you got baited.
                      if anything that fight disappointed a lot of casuals and even hardcore fans...
                      it was called the fraud of the century for a reason...

Comment

Working...
                      X