Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Rodriguez fighting Lara? Hasn't had win since 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cause lara is so good and so hyped that he can take easy touches whenever he wants... 2 fights in a row

Comment

Who hasn't Lara fought? Paul Williams, Canelo, Trout, Angulo, Vanes, Carlos Molina.

It's not his fault he can't get a big fight because of the risk factor. Certain managers name drop him and then make no attempt to arrange fights with him.

Comment

Lara should be fighting Andrade. This fight sux.

If he doesn't want to unify to share belts with the twins then he should move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Who hasn't Lara fought? Paul Williams, Canelo, Trout, Angulo, Vanes, Carlos Molina.

It's not his fault he can't get a big fight because of the risk factor. Certain managers name drop him and then make no attempt to arrange fights with him.
          he had andrade calling him out and willing to fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
            Um what? He didn't fight Ishe "da killa" Smith in December?
            What...
            lol I already forgot about the existence of that fight thanks for reminding
            Anyways... I'm not upset about this. Haymon will definitely match him up with some names in jww since he owns almost all the big names in that weight class.
            And again I don't care who gets a shot at a "regular" WBA belt since I don't count that as a real belt.

Comment

I can't believe getting a fight for Lara is easy. 1)He's all kinds of risk, for little reward for the opponent. 2)You're probably gonna lose anyway. 3)There's probably tons of money issues with getting Lara what he wants for his skill level & getting the opponent what he wants for the risk he's taking & getting the powers that be who are involved in the fight agreeing to those numbers. AKA Lara gets a lot of lesser fights. Unfortunately this is how boxing works with its 100% independent contractor type atmosphere.

This is what guys like GGG & Thurman are going thru to on a higher level right now as well. Obviously talented mfers, but the juice ain't worth the squeeze cuz not as many people know GGG & Thurman yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I can't believe getting a fight for Lara is easy. 1)He's all kinds of risk, for little reward for the opponent. 2)You're probably gonna lose anyway. 3)There's probably tons of money issues with getting Lara what he wants for his skill level & getting the opponent what he wants for the risk he's taking & getting the powers that be who are involved in the fight agreeing to those numbers. AKA Lara gets a lot of lesser fights. Unfortunately this is how boxing works with its 100% independent contractor type atmosphere.

This is what guys like GGG & Thurman are going thru to on a higher level right now as well. Obviously talented mfers, but the juice ain't worth the squeeze cuz not as many people know GGG & Thurman yet.
                he was called out by andrade and said no cuz he was on line for ggg or cotto, and now he is fighting delvin...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                  he had andrade calling him out and willing to fight...
                  Yeah and we also saw Lara's response.

Calling someone out is easy. Golovkin's manager keeps mentioning his name but puts nothing in writing.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                    he was called out by andrade and said no cuz he was on line for ggg or cotto, and now he is fighting delvin...
                    Yea the guy who won't fight a Charlo brother for some non-understandable reason by a person capable of common sense is gonna fight Lara when he hasn't fought anyone in a year or w/e at this point & seems high af in every other interview I see him in. Surrrrrrrrre. And btw PM me I got a deal on getting you a fight in Dubai in the fall for $7M since you seem to believe everything.

Andrade just needs to fight a cab driver or two & get outta his deal with Banner(?) or whoever & get over to PBC & I suspect we will see Lara vs Andrade than...assuming Andrade doesn't get freaked out by contracts again or w/e the eff happened with that Charlo fight.

Comment

Lara, unlike GGG, actually got his chance, a massive shot that Canelo fed them, but decided to "make Canelo look bad" (in his words) rather than win, box, brawl, whatever, anything else would been sufficient. Never seen a more overrated "master" boxer

So I don't care who he fights. That's about his level anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X