Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Meldrick Taylor vs. Prime Manny Pacquiao: who wins,...and How??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
    Honestly, for the first time ever, I agree with this thread and most of the posts. I loved Taylor and he was one of the fastest fighters I've ever seen. Problem for Meldrick, is his lack of focus in the ring and lack of in ring IQ against the top guys. Manny is an ATG and the real deal and he would KO Taylor around mid fight. He would also beat Chavez. I can see Duran beating him but I think it goes 12 and would be a WAR. On the other hand, I think Duran beats Floyd at 140lb and Mayweather beats Chavez but it goes 12 and Chavez could possibly win a decision. Floyd is made for the fighters of yester-year because of his low punch output and lack of top opposition.
    Pacquiao beat Chavez yea right he couldn't even handle the punch of a 40 year old Marquez, he also lost to Morales . Fighters today are not as good as they were in the 90's. Hell Floyd wouldn't even make it out of 147 with Trinidad there, hell he barley beat a wash up Delahoya

Comment

This is probably one of the better fantasy fights I've seen. Just to think of the sheer hand speed in the ring is mind boggling. It would certainly be something to watch. I have to go with Pacquiao by late stoppage. As fast as both would be in the ring, I believe Pacquiao's punches would have more pop. I also think Taylor would try to slug it out with Pacquiao which is never a good idea. I see Pacquiao busting Taylor up and stopping him around 10 or 11 in a very exciting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        Pacquio not being a body puncher would have lost to Taylor Chavez was able to slow Taylor down with body punches and i don't see Manny doing that.
        i get want your saying,,, but manny would be able to land flush straigh lefts on meldrick,, pretty much anytime he thru it,,

meldrick had poor ring generalship and defense

if manny can land on you, he is going to ko you,, meldrick doesnt last past 9 rounds

chavez is a different fighter than manny,, chavez starts slow, breaks you down and had a great left hook to the body, and a nasty straight right, but he was nowhere near the offensive whirlwind that a prime manny was.....

styles make fights, and manny's style would destroy taylor,, much like the fast hands of terry norris destroyed meldrick

Comment

I see the first 3-4 rounds of this fight having exchanges so blurry and explosive it would be impossible not to be on the edge of your seat. Taylor would be right there with Manny and the connect % would be similar. The difference would be Pac would land "sharper" and "harder". But I could see Taylor landing some fairly hard left hooks. He could throw several of them in a second. But they were "slappy" types of hooks,..Occassionally their would be a fairly hard one that could sting you.

But the comment earlier in this thread about Pac landing the straight left at will is SPOT ON. That would be a huge problem for Taylor.

Fight would start going South for Taylor in the 4th-5th round(maybe sooner).

Comment

WOW @ the comments in here lol

this would've been a classic....of course I got Meldrick....don't think Pac would be able to handle the speed....it's not like he's accustomed to being the second fastest with the hands on fight night....no doubt, this would be a very very interesting fight!!

Comment

Pac by tko. Maybe even faster than JCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                WOW @ the comments in here lol

this would've been a classic....of course I got Meldrick....don't think Pac would be able to handle the speed....it's not like he's accustomed to being the second fastest with the hands on fight night....no doubt, this would be a very very interesting fight!!
                meldrick was a philly fighter so you are for sure gonna back him,, thats cool, but even if manny is slower, they are both fast and the difference being manny throws fireballs of power, and meldrick basically didnt have much pop, hence why he had to throw all the punches,,

the first time manny hits that straight left, taylor would be floored,, taylor doesnt have the D or ring generalship to keep manny at bay,,,

I have seen manny drop the granite chinned mosely and morales with one shot,, im pretty sure he could do the same to meldrick

but props for repping philly

Comment

To Mr. Philad.^^^ I agree that Taylor is just a bit faster. The exchanges would be sometimes won by Taylor. It's just that Pac carries to much sting and power.

Taylor was one of my favorites. His speed was just stupendous. Beautiful left hook. Just didn't have a lot of pop on it.

Comment

Manny rearranges Taylors face and stops him

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      meldrick was a helluva fighter,,,

but manny would match his speed, and manny would ice him in the middle rounds,,,

taylor lacked ring generalship,, that is why he never reached a floyd, hopkins, SRL, hearns type level
                      Meldrick was hittable too, he would move his head but still get hit, I've seen him get hit against slow plodding mexican boxers. Dude had speed but for some reason his reflexes were off from time to time, and he would mix it up but with his chin up.

Pac throws power combos, Meldrick had fast hands but he tended to throw shoe shine stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X