Collapse
No announcement yet.

I sparred with Junior Witter today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sparring with recognised names isn't really a big deal in the UK. Most boxers train at the gyms where they grew up, and 99% of them are open to anybody.

I've never sparred with a superstar pro, but I've worked the heavybag alongside Alex Arthur, hit the pads while Dan Hardy was training right next to me, and had Carl Froch briefly watch one of my sparring sessions.

Boxing is very much a grass roots sport over here, that's why I find it totally believable that the OP has sparred with Witter.

Comment

Nice post.

Junior is a good guy. Such a shame that one big fight never happened for him.

I admire how he did it, but I hated Bradley for beating him that night. LOL

Comment

I KOed Oliver McCall in sparring but Matt Skelton totally outboxed me.

Comment

^^

If the TS was lying, it'd be the saddest, most pointless thing ever...so I'll just assume he's for real.

Comment

Thats cool. How many fights you had?

Comment

Did you ask him for a Khan Maidana prediction?

Comment

If he'd wanted to make something up, surely he'd pick someone better than Junior Shi.tter....

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller
                  I sparred Amir Khan and accidentally knocked him out with a jab. Afterwards I sparred with Manny Pacquiao and Manny Pacquiao KO'd me with a body-shot.
                  seriously, thats bad form

but I lol'ed

Comment

I sparred Amir Khan and accidentally knocked him out with a jab.
                    Afterwards Amir Khan kept trying to convince me how his chin wasn't glass and that it was just a lucky shot.

Then I sparred with Manny Pacquiao and Manny Pacquiao KO'd me with a body-shot. Manny is not p4p number 1 boxer for no reason.

Comment

No offense to you man but if you really are holding your own with Witter, he shouldn't think about getting back into the ring with world class fighters. Props to you though, that is quite an accomplishment.

Comment

Working...
                      X