No announcement yet.

2009 Wimbledon Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
    Sad day D, sad day for sure. Didn't get to see the Ana match live because of some f.ucked up programming, but got to see it later and I really felt bad for her. She was probably gonna lose anyway, but she was at least wanting to finish it out and just couldn't. Hopefully she isn't injured too bad and has to sit out the rest of the summer. What happened to Wozniacki? Didn't get too see that match either, that girl she lost too I think is just playing really well.

As for Murray. I didn't get to see the match, but first of all that roof was bad ass and it was awesome how they played under the lights. He seemed to have a tough match and you know that kind of play won't beat Fed, but that doesn't mean he won't play better for the rest of the tournament. Could be something he needed to push him even more to want it. Warwinka (sp?) is actually Murray's hitting partner so he knows his game well and that could have been to his advantage. Looking like an Andy vs Andy semi and watch out Roddick is playing well, he could be the spoiler. Djokavic kind of flying under the radar as well. Still want to see Fed vs Murray in the finals, and expect them to be their. Centre Court would be absolutely electric.
    Wozniacki lost to Sabine Lisiki(sp?) 6-4, 6-4.

She struggled with Sabine this year... they had 2 matches and lost both in 2 sets(close but still)

Also, the Williams sisters do look dominating but they got good matches next, Serena will take on Dementieva and Venus will take on Safina.

I think Safina has a shot at going into the final...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorian View Post
      Wozniacki lost to Sabine Lisiki(sp?) 6-4, 6-4.

She struggled with Sabine this year... they had 2 matches and lost both in 2 sets(close but still)

Also, the Williams sisters do look dominating but they got good matches next, Serena will take on Dementieva and Venus will take on Safina.

I think Safina has a shot at going into the final...
      The Williams sisters seem to be in top form. I just don't see anybody beating them. Venus is at her best on grass and Serena is playing maybe better than she ever has. Azarenka actually I thought played pretty good it was just that Serena was unbelievable.

I personally don't think Dementieva or Safina have a chance. The Williams sisters have gone to that next level nobody in the women's game can touch. But who knows they could also falter and let one of those girls into the finals. Safina didn't really seem to play that well she had 38 unforced errors and 15 double faults. If she does that again it's gonna be over quick against Venus.

Comment

• The William's sisters are the most dominant force in sports.

It is soooooooo easy for them.

They have to be the two best female tennis players of all-time by some distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
          The William's sisters are the most dominant force in sports.

It is soooooooo easy for them.

They have to be the two best female tennis players of all-time by some distance.
          Justine Henin > Williams sisters.

Comment

• Wimbledon is the only grand slam the Williams sisters dominate.

Steffi Graf GOAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
              Wimbledon is the only grand slam the Williams sisters dominate.

Steffi Graf GOAT!
              As if dominating Wimbledon isn't an achievement of it's own.

Since joining the Women's Tennis Association tour in 1994, Williams sisters have won 56 titles, which includes 17 Grand Slam titles - seven in singles, eight in women's doubles, and two in mixed doubles. That is all around domination. They are making the best in the world look foolish on grass courts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubious-Dutch View Post

Since joining the Women's Tennis Association tour in 1994, Williams sisters have won 56 titles, which includes 17 Grand Slam titles - seven in singles, eight in women's doubles, and two in mixed doubles. That is all around domination. They are making the best in the world look foolish on grass courts.
                Steffi Graf GOAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                  Steffi Graf GOAT!
                  I never said they were GOAT, but deserve to be ranked with the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubious-Dutch View Post

Where did you get that information from? I just checked and Venus has 15 grand slam titles (including singles and doubles) and I'm pretty sure that Serena has just as many herself, probably more.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHoff'sGhost View Post
                      Where did you get that information from? I just checked and Venus has 15 grand slam titles (including singles and doubles) and I'm pretty sure that Serena has just as many herself, probably more.
                      Where did you get your information from? I heard mine on the British coverage of Wimbledon.

Comment

Working...
                      X