No announcement yet.

Paul Williams is overrated...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $ Lord13 $ View Post
    It's a good thing he moved up to the worst division.
    Williams is ducking Cotto and Mosley. Both of them have enough skill to box his ears off. Clottey can beat Williams with ease as well.

Everytime I see him fight, I'm very disappointed with his skills. He's extremely one-dimensional.
    He's a pillow puncher who drains himself to make 154. He can't adapt in during fights, as shown against Quintana. I remember watching Williams fight Santos Pakau, and it was just awful. He hit him with so many clean shots and he still couldn't put him away. It was a pathetic display of punching power.

A great champion must have the ability to adapt during the fight if things are not going his way. Look at Calzaghe-Kessler, that fight shows the skills of a true champion. Paul Williams just doesn't have it in him. He's overrated, one-dimensional and keeps ducking real competition.

I would strip him of his belt, he doesn't deserve it. There's much more deserving fighters out there. Paul Williams needs to retire, he's killing boxing.
    You are weak. End thread. You really think Joe Calzaghe is a good fighter? lol. He's also weak. P williams could KO Joe on jabs alone. Back to school boy.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
      pwill's biggest win is margarito really who has he beat?????no1 soon as he fought a decent boxer he lost
      Precisely.

Comment

Williams is ducking Cotto and Mosley. Both of them have enough skill to box his ears off. Clottey can beat Williams with ease as well.

Everytime I see him fight, I'm very disappointed with his skills. He's extremely one-dimensional.
        He's a pillow puncher who drains himself to make 154. He can't adapt in during fights, as shown against Quintana. I remember watching Williams fight Santos Pakau, and it was just awful. He hit him with so many clean shots and he still couldn't put him away. It was a pathetic display of punching power.

A great champion must have the ability to adapt during the fight if things are not going his way. Look at Calzaghe-Kessler, that fight shows the skills of a true champion. Paul Williams just doesn't have it in him. He's overrated, one-dimensional and keeps ducking real competition.

I would strip him of his belt, he doesn't deserve it. There's much more deserving fighters out there. Paul Williams needs to retire, he's killing boxing.
        Someone finally speaks the truth, p-will is the most over rated fighter he is just tall with long reach and all of a sudden he is the bext boxer out there.

But i do disagree with the whole ducking thing he is actually being ducked by a bunch of fighters

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
          pwill's biggest win is margarito really who has he beat?????no1 soon as he fought a decent boxer he lost
          But then he got up and avenged his loss with bad intentions! He is limited no doubt, but he FIGHTS! Overrated is too harsh! Unproven fasho! But no one will give him the chance to kill the myth. So they must think what I think, he will be hard ass fruk to beat. And, offensively he is getting better, still robotic somewhat. Defensively, he is almost as bad as margie. The flaming thread starter made some good points though!

Comment

Just another thread where a boxer is "overrated". Are there actually any good boxers in the world if they're all "overrated"?

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
              You are weak. End thread. You really think Joe Calzaghe is a good fighter? lol. He's also weak. P williams could KO Joe on jabs alone. Back to school boy.
              as much as i dislike joe...he'd beat the piss out of pwill easily

Comment

i agree with some of the things u said. the only person he beat was Marg and after the way Mosley dominated Marg it makes P.Wills win not that impressive. i dont think P.Will has proven himself yet. maybe in the future he will

Comment

Calzaghe is just as overrated by the way

Comment

The only reason(s) I would say that Paul Williams is overratted, is do to that fact that all he beat at welter was Margo(Margo was not the number 1 welter at the time, more like 4th or 5th). Yet his fans call him the best welter? He did not have 1 successful title defense at welter(he lost his very first one), yes he avenged it, but did nothing at welter after that...To his fans though, he is the best welter???????????

He beat a old Verno(a good win I might add), but lets be real hear, Verno was old, and the weakest of the champs at 154.

Now he is fighting Winky(also a good win, IF he wins), but once again, lets be real here. Don't be fooled by the name Winky Write, he has not fought since july of '07.

Paul Williams is also a fighter that is very one dimensional, has very suspect defense, and may very well get exposed soon.

I like Paul Williams, but like someone on another site said, "Paul Williams fans are very strange"...Mainly when it comes to the way they hold him so high, when he really hasn't done much at all.

Comment

I think you're being too harsh. I was skeptical bout PW as well. Then i did some research and watched a few fights of his. He's definitely got talent and skill. Williams has time to grow because he's still young.

I watched the Quintana fight I and II. He made a proper statement by destroying Quintana in 90 seconds. Then be out boxed Margarito. Margo probably had his plaster hand wraps at the time, so you have to give PW respect for surviving the fight, much less winning the fight decisively.

I'm not gonna write the Punisher off just yet, because i think that in a few more fights he'll gain experience. But from what i've seen so far, he's got my vote.

Comment

Working...
                      X