Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate Floyd in ATG p4p list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    Every single person he faced was toilet-bowl-trash. All those dudes were flatfooted clumsey fools. Back then, boxing was a trade. They didnt fight because they were special, they fought because they had bills to pay. They were basically construction workers, cab drivers, pizza delivery men.

I actually think Floyd and Pac would beat the crap out of SRR, And I honestly I think I would bust his azz myself. I dont think I can do the same with Floyd, Crawford, Ward, Pac. But RR is an outdated fighter. Back then, no one knew you would ever be able to fight on the level of a Floyd or Pac. Imagine putting Floyd and Pac in their era, they would be shocked that Floyd and Pac even exist. It would blow their minds.
    Floyd and pack would "Blow their minds" lol That's the funniest **** I've heard in a Long time. After one look at Floyd the only thing they'd be worried about is if he's a thinking about blowing their dongs.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
      Floyd and pack would "Blow their minds" lol That's the funniest **** I've heard in a Long time. After one look at Floyd the only thing they'd be worried about is if he's a thinking about blowing their dongs.
      WTF!?!?!? Are you serious!? So your telling, me it was millions of Manny's running around back then!? Lol Little guys who throw a thousand mortal combat punches, jumping around from all angles, using feints and head movement, and lands one punch, and has blood shooting out your face back then!?

It was millions of Floyd's running around!? Severely Modernized Pureboxers, who stand in front of you and punches you every single time you make a mistake!?

Come on fam, we here to discuss boxing, dont say no silly boolshiet like that. Put Floyd and Pac in the 80's, it would BLOW their minds that people could even fight on that level. Closest thing to a Floyd throughout history, was a Charlie Burley, a Pep, a Pernell. And those mf's aint no damn Floyd, not even close. Floyd was a combination of SRL, Roy Jones, and Pernell, but combine the 3 fighters, and it STILL wouldnt have the thinking cap of a Mayweather.

And the closest thing to a Pac, was Pryor at 140, and Duran at 135. But still, not exactly a Pac.

You seem like one of these guys who are content with lying about the throwback fighters being better than they actually are. I would literally beat the dogshiet out of a Ray Robinson, and I aint no pro fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
        QFT.

The same way NBA and NFL players from today would blow the minds of NBA and NFL players from the 80s and earlier. Can you imagine John Havlicek seeing a 6-8, 265 lb monster like Lebron James coming down the court at him? He'd probably just leave the court. Can you imagine what Ndomukong Suh would do to the 280 lb interior offensive linemen from the 80s? He'd literally severely injure guys on every series.

Boxing is the same as any other sport, the athletes of today would absolutely destroy the athletes from yesterday.
        Exactly. And like I say, I think I would beat up Ray Robinson myself. He was trash, but back then it was the greatest you had at that time. I know they had less belts and weight classes back then, so the road traveled was far more challenging.

But Im just saying that the talent, specifically, is on a completely different level. Wasnt no Rigo's, Crawford's, Loma's, or Ward's running around back then.

But Floyd specifically put pieces together that even those fighters named, havent figured out. He was too consistent, but they got room to grow. I can imagine a younger Floyd losing, in an alternative universe.

Comment

Exactly. And like I say, I think I would beat up Ray Robinson myself. He was trash, but back then it was the greatest you had at that time. I know they had less belts and weight classes back then, so the road traveled was far more challenging.

But Im just saying that the talent, specifically, is on a completely different level. Wasnt no Rigo's, Crawford's, Loma's, or Ward's running around back then.

But Floyd specifically put pieces together that even those fighters named, havent figured out. He was too consistent, but they got room to grow. I can imagine a younger Floyd losing, in an alternative universe.
          If you're not a pro fighter, SRR would KO you, he did in fact have elite power.

Agree with your main point though, today's fighters would crush those fighters from the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
            QFT.

The same way NBA and NFL players from today would blow the minds of NBA and NFL players from the 80s and earlier. Can you imagine John Havlicek seeing a 6-8, 265 lb monster like Lebron James coming down the court at him? He'd probably just leave the court. Can you imagine what Ndomukong Suh would do to the 280 lb interior offensive linemen from the 80s? He'd literally severely injure guys on every series.

Boxing is the same as any other sport, the athletes of today would absolutely destroy the athletes from yesterday.
            So by your logic modern boxers like Thurman, Spence and DGarcia are so evolved they'd be able to beat great welters of the past like SRR, SRL, Duran, Benitez, Jose Napoles and Kid Gavilan ? If you actually take time out to watch the likes of Jose Napoles it should be clear to you that he's on another level to the likes of Thurman or any other current modern welter. Napoles was an absolute weapon, even Floyd and prime Pac would struggle to deal with the smooth, slick Cuban great. The only thing that's actually evolved in boxing is sports science and nutrition but there's still cases of elite modern boxers gassing badly compared to the days of the 20 and 15 rounds fighting gladiators. Do you know Floyd Mayweather was described as a throw back when he came on the scene. As was James Toney. Most of the best modern boxers are kinda average or one dimensional like Kovalev, GGG, Mikey etc. My P4P n1 Andre Ward as good as he is is not a better boxer than the great technician Harold Johnson was. Lomachenko does things in the ring that are a throwback to the days of the dynamic movers like Willie Pep and Benny Leonard. Lomachenko's skillset is the only example in current boxing that you can use to make a case for boxing being evolved. Prime RJJ is a great example you could use for modern boxing being more evolved but how many more are there ? The rest don't do anything we haven't seen before.

Who do you think would win Leo Santa Cruz or Vincent Saldivar ? I don't even need to pull out Pep or Salvador Sanchez. There's literally dozens of past era top featherweights who would embarrass this current crop.

You name me the current or modern boxers that in your opinion are far more evolved than what we have seen from the 80's and before ? There's definitely been an evolution in boxing but it hasn't necessarily evolved for the better in every area. There's lost arts in boxing nowadays, which is a shame. The days of the great in-fighters are now gone. Lots of old school tricks like shifting etc are now dying out due to the deaths of the great trainers.
            Last edited by DJ Enerate; 09-06-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

WTF!?!?!? Are you serious!? So your telling, me it was millions of Manny's running around back then!? Lol Little guys who throw a thousand mortal combat punches, jumping around from all angles, using feints and head movement, and lands one punch, and has blood shooting out your face back then!?

It was millions of Floyd's running around!? Severely Modernized Pureboxers, who stand in front of you and punches you every single time you make a mistake!?

Come on fam, we here to discuss boxing, dont say no silly boolshiet like that. Put Floyd and Pac in the 80's, it would BLOW their minds that people could even fight on that level. Closest thing to a Floyd throughout history, was a Charlie Burley, a Pep, a Pernell. And those mf's aint no damn Floyd, not even close. Floyd was a combination of SRL, Roy Jones, and Pernell, but combine the 3 fighters, and it STILL wouldnt have the thinking cap of a Mayweather.

And the closest thing to a Pac, was Pryor at 140, and Duran at 135. But still, not exactly a Pac.

You seem like one of these guys who are content with lying about the throwback fighters being better than they actually are. I would literally beat the dogshiet out of a Ray Robinson, and I aint no pro fighter.
              It's hilarious you think boxing has evolved but can only bring up Pac and Floyd two ATG's. I'll give you RJJ and Lomachenko but where's the rest of the evolved ones hanging at, fam ?

Comment

A ***** virgin on the internet claims he would beat up Ray Robinson

I think I need to leave this place

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
                  So by your logic modern boxers like Thurman, Spence and DGarcia are so evolved they'd be able to beat great welters of the past like SRR, SRL, Duran, Benitez, Jose Napoles and Kid Gavilan ? If you actually take time out to watch the likes of Jose Napoles it should be clear to you that he's on another level to the likes of Thurman or any other current modern welter. Napoles was an absolute weapon, even Floyd and prime Pac would struggle to deal with the smooth, slick Cuban great. The only thing that's actually evolved in boxing is sports science and nutrition but there's still cases of elite modern boxers gassing badly compared to the days of the 20 and 15 rounds fighting gladiators. Do you know Floyd Mayweather was described as a throw back when he came on the scene. As was James Toney. Most of the best modern boxers are kinda average or one dimensional like Kovalev, GGG, Mikey etc. My P4P n1 Andre Ward as good as he is is not a better boxer than the great technician Harold Johnson was. Lomachenko does things in the ring that are a throwback to the days of the dynamic movers like Willie Pep and Benny Leonard. Loma is the only example in current boxing that you can use to make a case for boxing being evolved. Prime RJJ is a great example you could use for modern boxing being more evolved but how many more are there ? The rest don't do anything we haven't seen before.

Who do you think would win Leo Santa Cruz or Vincent Saldivar ? I don't even need to pull out Pep or Salvador Sanchez. There's literally dozens of past era top featherweights who would embarrass this current crop.

You name me the current or modern boxers that in your opinion are far more evolved than what we have seen from the 80's and before ? There's definitely been an evolution in boxing but it hasn't necessarily evolved for the better in every area. There's lost arts in boxing nowadays, which is a shame. The days of the great in-fighters are now gone. Lots of old school tricks like shifting etc are now dying out due to the deaths of the great trainers.
                  I've seen tape on most of the fighters you mentioned, good to study them all. There are some lost techniques for sure, but the reason why many techniques die out is that they get figured out and rendered ineffective. Boxing is not devolving, it's evolving, just like every other sport.

Comment

Number one.

Comment

I wouldn't know, I was born in 1988, started watching boxing in 1993-1994 at 5-6 years old, and footage of old fighters are limited. Newspapers can be biased so that's also a no-no, because authors today pick and choose who they want to hype up and put down, and I imagine it was on steroids back then.

I can only go as far back as fights that show full footage of fights, which would be unfair to older fighters. I can only make a top P4P ATG list of fighters i've seen, not of fighters who historians say were good and are copied by other posters as if they know for sure that those fighters were good.

Comment

Working...
                      X