No announcement yet.

Canelo-Golovkin predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin TKO11

Although, I think Canelo has a good shot. If his counter-punching is better than I expect, he can keep Golovkin honest with his offense. Golovkin needs a steady pace and has to be ready to turn it up a notch at a moment's notice if he wants to stop Canelo. I don't think Canelo will go down easy.

Comment

I've been saying Golovkin should outbox Canelo but if he doesn't stop him I doubt he will get the decision.

If Golovkin gives Canelo too much respect like he did Jacobs he will lose.

If he make this into a jab fest, Canelo will counter him all night.

I see Golovkin having more ways to win, but he has to choose the right game plan and make adjustments as necessary

This should be a great fight.

Comment

Canelo by SD

Comment

Canelo easy UD. No exaggeration.

Comment

Golovkin for me.

As much as i like Canelo and as as good as he is, i think you need movement to beat GGG and not just good upper body movement. I think Canelo hasn't got the legs for it and GGG will break him down eventually and stop him late, but wouldn't be surprised if it's quick either. Canelo will have his good moments, land good combinations but the reality is that he's going to be in front of GGG all night because he has no choice and he will get caught quite often. He might be good defensively, but he's not someone Mayweather either.

I'm not sure Canelo has the power to get GGG's respect, he has some power but only really knocks out chinny fighters or smaller fighters. Without the ability to move around the ring well, if he can't get GGG's respect with power then Canelo is in for a rough night. Also, if he can't get GGG's respect, then I also think Canelo might be forced to fight at a pace under pressure early on that he doesn't like and could get tired.

For me it all hinges on that, how much Canelo can get Golovkin's respect in the opening couple of rounds. If he can, then he has a chance of winning a decision. I think body shots could be key for Canelo if he's to do well in the fight.
            Last edited by TheBigLug; 08-28-2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Canelo is great but GGG is greater in my opinion. Canelo is a tie with Jacobs as the 2nd best middleweight in the world to me. I think GGG is the best middleweight in the world and a legendary champion. I predict he will win the way he usually wins, by KO. Canelo is too good to rule out the possibility of him winning the fight but I'm picking GGG to win by late round KO in a hard fought war.

Comment

This is a tough one to call. I'm not a fan of neither. Canelo by TKO or KO in 7.

Or GGG by KO in 6

If I had to bet, I would bet on Canelo

Comment

It's a close fight and I'm happy for either guy to win. That said, it comes down to how GGG decides to fight. If he just jabs Canelo to death like he did Lemieux I think (if the cards are on the up and up) GGG wins on the cards. If he comes in reckless trying to take Canelo's head off he gets countered all night and loses on the cards. I don't see a stoppage which is why I would never bet on this fight. I think GGG should win, but I think Canelo will win if it goes to the judges. Either way it should be one hell of a fight.

Edit: I think the pace will be interesting as well. Canelo has no gas tank but will GGG fight at a fast enough pace to make it matter?
                  Last edited by Motofan; 08-28-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

When this fight first started being talked about in like 2015 I thought GGG would mop the floor with Canelo but after the last few performances by GGG I think it's more of a 50-50 fight at this point. I don't think GGG can get a decision over Canelo based on some of the scores we've seen in the Lara, Trout, and Mayweather fights for Canelo. He seems to have one judge filling out a 118-110 card before the opening bell sounds.

I'm still gonna go GGG by 9-10 round TKO. I think he controls the fight with the jab and uses good bodywork to break Canelo down. i think it's gonna be a hell of a fight though and expect to see a rematch in May.

Comment

Golovkin, shot to the body and then upstairs. Round 7-8.

Comment

Working...
                      X