No announcement yet.

No difference between Kell vs Golovkin and Cotto vs Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
    Congratulations to all you Golovkin fanboys who justified him fighting a man 17 pounds smaller than him. You can't complain because none of you had a problem with picking on little guys.
    176lbs
    165lbs

Cotto could get better but he chooses not to because fighting Trout again likely means him losing again.

Comment

So being popular makes it okay? I can't wait till Golovkin cherry picks Crawford.
      It makes it more understandable since Golovkin and his team were pretty much locked into a date and a venue in the UK for sept 10 already....It was the best they could do under the circumstances. I am a big Golovkin fan and I don't love this fight at all but there is no comparison to Cotto vs Gamboa (which won't happen anyway).

This whole message board has become about which double standards posters can "expose". It is annoying. 9 times out of 10, these "double standard comparisons" are apples and oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
        That is just a damn lie..there were no contracts signed nor excepted so how was there a deal?
        They had an offer from Hearn for Eubank. Brook took the same turns that were presented to Eubank. Not sure what you're crying about

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
          Cotto as far as i know is not even entertaining the Gamboa offer..it has fallen on death ears

For Yuriorkis Gamboa (25-1, 17 KOs), the former Olympic gold medalist, two time world champion and current IBF #5 ranked junior lightweight, the long road back to the top may lead all the way to the junior middleweight division. Reports from the Gamboa camp indicate that they are “close” to an HBO fight with one of the biggest names in boxing: four time world champion Miguel Cotto (40-5, 33 KOs). Although Cotto’s last fight was in November of 2015 at middleweight, Gamboa and his advisor Zeferino Ramirez were excited about the opportunity to fight the legendary Puerto Rican.

“I want this fight!” Gamboa said of the proposed matchup. “I heard recently (Cotto’s) negotiations with Marquez have fallen through. I respect Cotto for all his accomplishments and for the courage he possesses but he’s never faced a fighter like me.”

Gamboa was dismissive of the size disadvantage as well, noting that Cotto was looking to fight at 150 pounds for his next fight.

“My advisor (Zeferino Ramirez) reached out to HBO letting them know that we want this and we have been told Cotto wants to return at 150,” Gamboa added. “So I will agree to fight Cotto at 150, but I will come in at a strong 144-145. Now it’s up to Cotto…if he’s up for the challenge!”

“I spoke to representatives of HBO and they would like to see the fight,” Ramirez added. “And I know the fans would love to see this fight. Right now everyone is on board. We are just waiting for Miguel Cotto to agree to the fight.”

“I’ve stepped up before to fight bigger fighters than me,” Gamboa added. “Because that’s what real fighters do…they fight!”

Ramirez was equally excited about the Gamboa’s chances against Cotto, even going so far as to challenge Cotto to sign on the dotted line.

“I’ve reached out to Roc Nation, to Dino Duva and to Eric Bottjer with no response or return call. In my opinion, that means they want nothing to do with the fight.” Ramirez added. “They’re trying to protect their fighter from what happened to Cotto when he faced a smaller fighter like Pacquiao. Both Gamboa and Pacquiao are comparable, they’re both 5’5, they possess speed, power, and throw multiple punch combinations that would pose a threat to a fighter like Cotto. Well, this is a direct challenge from team Gamboa to Miguel Cotto to face us.”

HBO would not comment on the proposed fight.
          I hope Cotto refuses it like a real fighter.

Comment

Cotto Gambia isn't happening

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
              i cant wait to see Brook vs Golovkin.

its one division under the original weight classes.

you guys should be praising the ambition of kell brook.

look at the freaking sport.

how many times have NSB posters complained about pacquiao or floyd fighting soft touches? garcia vs the salkas????

everybody is ducking everybody, people complain about that yet here you have a fight where one fighter who is a huge welterweight going up one division to fight a guy everybody is scared of and yall crap on the fight instead of appreciating brooks courage and ambition to reach for greatness.

boxing was already in a sad state BEFORE floyd and manny retired.

boxing fans in essence are beggars,

and beggars cant be choosers.

i cant wait for this fight.
              Why doesn't Golovkin go up to 175 to fight Kovalev and Ward? It's only 1 division in the old weights. Oh wait he's a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                176lbs
                165lbs

Cotto could get better but he chooses not to because fighting Trout again likely means him losing again.
                30 day weights don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                  It makes it more understandable since Golovkin and his team were pretty much locked into a date and a venue in the UK for sept 10 already....It was the best they could do under the circumstances. I am a big Golovkin fan and I don't love this fight at all but there is no comparison to Cotto vs Gamboa (which won't happen anyway).

This whole message board has become about which double standards posters can "expose". It is annoying. 9 times out of 10, these "double standard comparisons" are apples and oranges.
                  It won't happen because Cotto isn't a coward like Golovkin. I hope you see your hypocrisy as other trash fights are made.

Comment

It won't happen because Cotto isn't a coward like Golovkin. I hope you see your hypocrisy as other trash fights are made.
                    Cotto was just calling out shot midget with bad knees Marquez, **** for brains

Comment

Why doesn't Golovkin go up to 175 to fight Kovalev and Ward? It's only 1 division in the old weights. Oh wait he's a coward.
                      because i dunno he hasnt fought anybody at 160 and wants to make a name for himself as a middleweight champion????

ward's business with 168 was done the second he wont he supersix. yet he stayed on years hiding from 175 and draining a light heavyweight champ instead of reaching for greatness and taking that LH strap at LH.

totally different scenario with GGG who hasnt fought anybody noteworthy at 160 because everybody is scared of him.

nice idiotic false equivalency.

Comment

Working...
                      X