So let's talk about Paul Williams and the Hall of Fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    To pretty much everyone.
    Well as you can clearly see I'm not everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
      Well as you can clearly see I'm not everyone.
      Thats why I said pretty much, as you can clearly see.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        No. I think Castillo and Corrales should get in far ahead of Williams.
        Hell yeah. Those two have a far better resume than Paul and it's not even close.

Comment

Martinez>Margarito.

Anyway, I see people saying Gatti should get in the HOF, but Williams is not even close. Something seriously wrong with boxing if that's how things work.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Martinez>Margarito.

Anyway, I see people saying Gatti should get in the HOF, but Williams is not even close. Something seriously wrong with boxing if that's how things work.
            Gatti shouldn't. But I think Castillo and Corrales had better careers than Williams. I'd put them in ahead of Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
              Thats why I said pretty much, as you can clearly see.
              Just making sure you don't lump me with everyone. In case you didn't see.

Comment

Hell yeah. Those two have a far better resume than Paul and it's not even close.
                "Far better", "Not even close". You use these phrases way too much for this subject. No matter how many times you say these, they're false. Stop underrating Paul Williams like if he is like a Matthew Hatton or Angel Manfredy. That's how you're making him look like.

Comment

Just making sure you don't lump me with everyone.
                  Why would I do that? Dont want to confuse the common sense majority with some random sporadic fight pick.

No sir, you stay in your own lane, we beg of you.

Comment

"Far better", "Not even close". You use these phrases way too much for this subject. No matter how many times you say these, they're false. Stop underrating Paul Williams like if he is like a Matthew Hatton or Angel Manfredy. That's how you're making him look like.
                    Manfredy is better than Matthew Hatton. At least Manfredy beat a prime Gatti and was the #1 ranked SFW in the world at one point when Floyd fought him.

Comment

I'm using those phrases because I think they aptly apply to what I'm trying to say. Castillo and Chico have far better resumes than Paul in my opinion. That doesn't mean I think Paul is ****, because he's not.

And to me he's not even close to being a HOF. What's wrong with that? His resume is significantly lacking in my opinion. The majority of the people in this thread think that his best win is against Martinez. And at the time Martinez was still a relative unknown the majority of the boxing world, and it was a fight many thought he lost. In fact if I remember correctly, it seemed like there were more people in this MB that felt like he lost that fight.

Paul was a good fighter, but I think he's not even close to being a HOF. And from the few pages I've read, I'm not alone in that subject matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X