Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the best offensive fighter in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An all-time jab, a picture-perfect left hook, one-shot knockout power from either the left or right side, a jarring uppercut, a short, rapier straight right, positively blistering handspeed, perfect punching technique, unparalleled precision & accuracy, & maybe, just maybe, the most qualified combination-puncher of all-time.

Really, why would anyone need anybody beyond the Brown Bomber for this thread?

Comment

I'm surprised his name hasn't been brought up yet and that's Mike Tyson. While I don't think he's on the same level as Louis or Robinson (who was really?) I figure he deserves a mention.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        I'm surprised his name hasn't been brought up yet and that's Mike Tyson. While I don't think he's on the same level as Louis or Robinson (who was really?) I figure he deserves a mention.

Poet
        Tyson was in my mind as I wrote out my post, because he has some similarities with the description I posted above of Louis. He's definitely one of the elites in this category, at the very least, in terms of the HW division.

I would have Louis over even Robinson here, being honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
          An all-time jab, a picture-perfect left hook, one-shot knockout power from either the left or right side, a jarring uppercut, a short, rapier straight right, positively blistering handspeed, perfect punching technique, unparalleled precision & accuracy, & maybe, just maybe, the most qualified combination-puncher of all-time.

Really, why would anyone need anybody beyond the Brown Bomber for this thread?
          Yeah, Louis really is the gold standard of boxing when it comes to offense.....hence Ring Magazine voting him the greatest puncher of all time. I think just as highly of Robinson's offense. I mean, there's Louis and Robinson and then there's everybody else.

Have to give an honorable mention to Dempsey too.

Poet

Comment

I know no one wants to say it but thers a huge elephant in the room named Manny Pacquiao. I like Pryor and Hearns too. Been watchin a lot more of Ricardo Lopez and he deserves a mention, brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
              I know no one wants to say it but thers a huge elephant in the room named Manny Pacquiao.
              Consider studying another game: You have no grasp of this one.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Consider studying another game: You have no grasp of this one.

Poet
                This coming from a grown man that came up with a character to portray. Pac is all offense. It takes a lot more punches for these bigger guys but he blasted them outn at the lower weights. Its about consistency. Whats the problem?

Comment

Manny Pacquiao and Aaron Pryor

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                    This coming from a grown man that came up with a character to portray. Pac is all offense. It takes a lot more punches for these bigger guys but he blasted them outn at the lower weights. Its about consistency. Whats the problem?
                    The problem is that Pacquiao, while good, isn't in the same class offensively as someone like Louis, Robinson, Hearns, Armstrong, or the others listed. If you were a C student or better you'd know that.

Poet
                    Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 04-15-2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Another offensive monster is Myung Woo Yuh. Very underrated fighter. One of the best volume punching pressure fighter in boxing history who never neglects defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X