No announcement yet.

Is it true that Tito and Whitaker backed out a Quartey fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    You're right - Whitaker tested positive for coke, thus killing the bout against Quartey. As for Tito - he and Ike agreed to a November bout but Oscar swooped in at the last second and lured Ike away with a much sweeter deal for that same timeframe.
    That is correct, their was talk about fighting Quartey. IMO it was more a ploy to get ODLH cause Tito was chasing that fight and even having a lil trouble doing the weight had said that the fight should take place at WW. Ike had a lot of fights that almost happened and he didnt get them.

Ike did have a fight against Jose Luis Lopez that was IMO one of the most avoided WW in that era

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
      That is correct, their was talk about fighting Quartey. IMO it was more a ploy to get ODLH cause Tito was chasing that fight and even having a lil trouble doing the weight had said that the fight should take place at WW. Ike had a lot of fights that almost happened and he didnt get them.

Ike did have a fight against Jose Luis Lopez that was IMO one of the most avoided WW in that era
      100% agree.

Comment

The biggest tragedy in the early 2000's is Tito vs Shane not happening. That would have been a war for the ages.

Comment

Originally posted by flyest1 View Post
          I remember during the Forrest vs Vince Phillips fight. Roy Jones said Tito didn't know if he was a rangy fighter or inside fighter that night. Merchant said Tito and Hoya brought out the worst of each other that night.

I don't understand why Hoya was scared to get hit by Tito. But went toe to toe with Mosley who was 35-0 with 33 ko's at the time
          Trinidad knew how to hit, that left hook of his made alot of fighters afraid to get into an exchange. Oscar knew he had Stamina issues from the jump and you can't run out of gas with Trinidad. About the Mosley deal Oscar knew he could outbox Shane and he believed he had all the advantages being the bigger man with the better jab. I think the real fantasy fight that should have been pushed was Trinidad/Mosley so what they both lost they still could have made it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bazil82 View Post
            Trinidad knew how to hit, that left hook of his made alot of fighters afraid to get into an exchange. Oscar knew he had Stamina issues from the jump and you can't run out of gas with Trinidad. About the Mosley deal Oscar knew he could outbox Shane and he believed he had all the advantages being the bigger man with the better jab. I think the real fantasy fight that should have been pushed was Trinidad/Mosley so what they both lost they still could have made it happen.
            The timing of that fight was off. Trinidad moved up to sww and Mosley came up in weight to fight ODLH. There was no talk at the time for a Tito/Mosley match up. Would had been an interesting fight though.

Comment

Well, if Mosley wouldn't have fought Winky. The Tito fight could've happened. Mosley was suppose to be Tito's comeback fight. After he lost to Winky he signed to fight Mayorga

Comment

Tito didn't duck anyone, he fought anybody. Ike was lucky he didnt fought Tito, his career would've ended right there. Mosley wanted no part of Tito and i dont blame him. Trinidad was too much for both Ike and Sugar Shane

Comment

Originally posted by freakzilladark View Post
                  Tito didn't duck anyone, he fought anybody. Ike was lucky he didnt fought Tito, his career would've ended right there. Mosley wanted no part of Tito and i dont blame him. Trinidad was too much for both Ike and Sugar Shane

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post

Comment

If Ike got floored by delahoja? TITO would of killed him!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X