No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Trout Defeats Miguel Cotto at MSG Mega Gallery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Trout Defeats Miguel Cotto at MSG Mega Gallery

Madison Square Garden, New York city - WBA "regular" junior middleweight champion Austin Trout (26-0, 14 KOs) retained his championship with a twelve round unanimous decision over former three-division beltholder Miguel Cotto (37-4, 30 KOs). The scores were 117-111, 117-111, 119-109.

[Click Here To Read More]

Typical Al Haymon scorecards, hopefully Canelo unifies with Trout or one of the other champ's next.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
      Typical BOB ARUM scorecards, hopefully Canelo unifies with Trout or one of the other champ's next.
      Golden Boy even copying Top Ranks scoring system.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Mercury View Post
        Golden Boy even copying Top Ranks scoring system.

That's why I love the knockouts

Comment

what yall mean typical Al Haymon or Golden Boy score cards? Seems to me like GB would want Cotto to win and give Canelo the bigger easier fight, and Haymon would want Trout to win for obv reasons...not sure how both can be true LOL but the scores weren't too off, I had it 8-4 Trout I could see 9-3, Trout wasn't better than Cotto imo he was just bigger and faster, much bigger. Good fight for Canelo that I'm excited for that one. I gotta get in contact with that judge who had the 119-109 score card and find out who is dealer is cuz I want whatever he's smoking

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
            what yall mean typical Al Haymon or Golden Boy score cards? Seems to me like GB would want Cotto to win and give Canelo the bigger easier fight, and Haymon would want Trout to win for obv reasons...not sure how both can be true LOL but the scores weren't too off, I had it 8-4 Trout I could see 9-3, Trout wasn't better than Cotto imo he was just bigger and faster, much bigger. Good fight for Canelo that I'm excited for that one. I gotta get in contact with that judge who had the 119-109 score card and find out who is dealer is cuz I want whatever he's smoking

I agree with you man... Posters love to hate and always have excuses. 119-109 was too large of a margin... But Trout clearly won! I am just disregarding ignorant fans from now on! Haters will hate.

Comment

Trout fought the right fight.. He had a great fight plan & stuck to it & came in great shape like always..He started going to the body from round 1 & was tagging Cotto from the outside with nice straight lefts & right hooks, never stood in one place(kept moving) & never stopped swinging, took Cotto's shots well & didn't let Cotto fight inside(body to body) by landing his own shots & then tying Cotto up & waiting for the ref to break them up.. O the other hand Cotto just kept coming forward trying to land shots & getting tagged & didn't seem to have a game plan or Trout just didn't let him execute it & towards the end Cotto showed signs of fatigue.. Got give Cotto credit that he never stopped trying & showed a lot of heart but that wasn't enough..I saw win 4 rounds & that was being generous cause if someone tels Me he only won 3, I won't argue that..
              Last edited by Tomasio; 12-02-2012, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Am sure GBP would prefer a Cotto win, So calling it a Al Haymon scorecard is just ******ed.

Comment

Yeah, if Golden Boy had "fixed" this fight Bob Arum style you can bet that they would have had Cotto winning. That would benefit Canelo more.

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
                    Why are you picking on that judge? He got it wrong by 2 rounds, that's it. The other two got it right, so what's your problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X