Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 10-18-2019, 06:06 PM #11
Contender

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
fredo [!] is just really nicefredo [!] is just really nicefredo [!] is just really nicefredo [!] is just really nice
Bank: 1,155.62
Total Points: 11,807.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by otrocubiche View Post
i may be wrong but I think this is going to play like usyk vs gassiev
I disagree, Beterbiev is alot more then just a heavy puncher, hes not a brawler, more like technical a mauler

Sunzshock from BadLeftHook.com explained this matchup best imo, this is what he wrote:

"Iíve always been a bit of a skeptic when it comes to Gvozdyk. I think heís a good fighter, but a long way from special the way his compatriots Loma and Usyk are. I think his #1 status in the division is a bit of an illusion. Gvozdykís a B+ fighter, maybe A- on a really good day. Meanwhile, I knew precious little about Beterbiev, so I spent some time this week watching as much footage as I could.

After watching the 2nd amateur fight vs Usyk, I thought wow, Beterbiev is giving Usyk all he can handle, and if it were scored by pro standards, Beterbiev has a case for winning that fight. At this point, I took a half-sized feeler bet on Beterbiev at +115.

Then I watched the 1st amateur fight vs Usyk, and that fight was a dominant win for Beterbiev by pro standards. He hurt Usyk with a big headshot in the 2nd round, and got a knockdown on a bodyshot in the 3rd round. On top of that, at a different time, Beterbiev managed to become an amateur world champion despite having a fighting style that is absolutely terrible for the amateurs. At this point I was getting excited and placed another half-size bet at +100. Then a few minutes later I took another full-size bet at +100.

I think Beterbievís skill level is getting underrated because heís not a points fighter. But the more I watch him fight, the more I realize he knows exactly what he wants to accomplish in there. In another amateur fight against Michael Hunter, he took some jabs and 1-2s to the face in the 1st round, but that was the end of Hunterís success. Beterbiev probably edged round 2, and round 3 was an ugly stalemate. Point being nobody has had sustained success with jabs against Beterbiev even with a huge reach advantage because he knows very well how to take the jab away. That is a very important skill for a pressure fighter! Beterbiev is NOT Gassiev. Heís not going to plod forward getting lit up by jabs.

Also, once he gets into the pocket, which will happen after you are scared to jab and therefore cannot control the distance, heís forcing you into either shelling up or exchanging with him. And Beterbiev has the kind of power that will bust right through a guard. So you exchange, and if youíre a tough mofo with an excellent left hook like Callum Johnson, maybe you land a magical shot that lands past Beterbievís defensively responsible right hand and nails him right on the chin. That shot is a big part of the reason Beterbiev is underrated coming into this fight. But Gvozdyk doesnít have a killer left hook, his best punch is his straight right. I mean, maybe Gvozdyk lands a nice short counter in between one of Beterbievís punches, as heís a good fighter and it could happen, but I see Beterbiev with a substantial advantage in exchanges, with better power, better chin, and more comfort in the pocket.

Going back to Gvozdyk, quite a few of you boxeo heads have noted that he can be hit, and he has defensive lapses. I think itís worth noting that he has these lapses against a lot of different guys in multiple rounds. I mean Mehdi Amar landed a bunch of clean right hands against him. Chilemba had at least one dominant round and a couple decent rounds against him. Same Chilemba that got washed by Bivol. And Chilemba didnít get KOed, he injured his hand. Karpency scored a knockdown. Stevenson landed one that wasnít scored.

And speaking of Stevenson, it took Gvozdyk a very long time to figure out a painfully one-dimensional old Stevenson. I mean, sure, itís a hell of a one-dimension. Long, fast, accurate, and powerful straight laser left hand. But Stevenson had nothing else to offer. He landed 2 right hands the whole fight, one jab and one hook, neither worth mentioning aside from that they were not lefts. And in spite of this, Gvozdyk did very little. He was waiting and waiting and doing close to nothing, and therefore down on the cards going into the 11th, despite Stevenson not doing a whole lot either. Gvozdyk is not Loma. He is not Usyk. He is not processing information the way they do. I say Beterbievís got the better boxing IQ, and I donít think itís all that close.

I added another half-size yesterday at +110. I was thinking of going even heavier, but then I watched the Kalajdzic fight and maybe Beterbiev is slowing down a bit with age. Heís still on the right side of 35 though, and I see him as at least a 60/40 favorite, maybe as high as 70/30 if age is not catching up to him. Iíve got 2.5 units total on Beterbiev."
fredo [!] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:18 PM #12
Neither savage nor wise.

Quoted: 5384 Post(s)
Pigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond reputePigeons has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,424.92
Total Points: 47,569.31
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Let's do it. Gvozdyk is trying to cement his place among Ukraine's 2012 Olympic golden generation. He only won bronze in the Olympics, but the gold has come in the pro game. I'm rooting for him to add more gold tonight.
Pigeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:25 PM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4412 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 109,405.23
Total Points: 172,566.48
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 "I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet". Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 
because you're still an idiot - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1LL View Post
Narcissist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushinator View Post
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
The thread isn't about me. It's saying that this thread is long overdue instead of repeatedly talking about Crawford deserving something.
revelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:45 PM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 587 Post(s)
buddyr has a reputation beyond reputebuddyr has a reputation beyond reputebuddyr has a reputation beyond reputebuddyr has a reputation beyond reputebuddyr has a reputation beyond reputebuddyr has a reputation beyond reputebuddyr has a reputation beyond reputebuddyr has a reputation beyond reputebuddyr has a reputation beyond reputebuddyr has a reputation beyond reputebuddyr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,348.85
Total Points: 19,605.32

Hello everyone. There is no better way to spend a friday night. I just hate that There is always a UFC card on at the same time for boxing matches. UFC 244 is the same night as Kovalev/Alvarez. How am I gonna look at both simultaneously on the ps4?
buddyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:12 PM #15
~HATERS GONNA HATE!~

Quoted: 12960 Post(s)
.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 219,654.93
Total Points: 239,993.51
No Message - -jose- Happy Holidays bro - KOVALBOXER Boss Hogg Cartel - LoadedWraps bad ass sig and avi..... - Santa_ For Kovalev & Rocky 4 - BKM- 
WAR KILLER KOV!! - Dean_Razorback lol good one! :beerchug: - -jose- uno cerveza - Omowale Tribe Hahaha, good stuff. - Santa_ welcome back vato loco - Tago Nang Tago 
:beerchug: - -jose- No Message - -jose- :beerchug: - -jose- Love your hilarious posts. Keep it up. - 1bad65 CHEERS! - anthonydavid11 
Thanks for upload - - Ram Raid - right on, bro. - MinuteMaid5 

Rodriguez is landing some sneaky heavy rights!
.!WAR CANELO!. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:35 PM #16
Contender

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Rhonda Drowsy has a spectacular aura aboutRhonda Drowsy has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 12,817.13

Gvozdyk wins imo. He'll make it look easy. The guy is smooth. AB is stiff
Rhonda Drowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:53 PM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Superbee has a reputation beyond reputeSuperbee has a reputation beyond reputeSuperbee has a reputation beyond reputeSuperbee has a reputation beyond reputeSuperbee has a reputation beyond reputeSuperbee has a reputation beyond reputeSuperbee has a reputation beyond reputeSuperbee has a reputation beyond reputeSuperbee has a reputation beyond reputeSuperbee has a reputation beyond reputeSuperbee has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,355.39
Total Points: 22,732.06
Bonjour! Have these tissues prepared for Beterbiev's ass before he fights Kovalev - Sergey Kovalev 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredo [!] View Post
I disagree, Beterbiev is alot more then just a heavy puncher, hes not a brawler, more like technical a mauler

Sunzshock from BadLeftHook.com explained this matchup best imo, this is what he wrote:

"Iíve always been a bit of a skeptic when it comes to Gvozdyk. I think heís a good fighter, but a long way from special the way his compatriots Loma and Usyk are. I think his #1 status in the division is a bit of an illusion. Gvozdykís a B+ fighter, maybe A- on a really good day. Meanwhile, I knew precious little about Beterbiev, so I spent some time this week watching as much footage as I could.

After watching the 2nd amateur fight vs Usyk, I thought wow, Beterbiev is giving Usyk all he can handle, and if it were scored by pro standards, Beterbiev has a case for winning that fight. At this point, I took a half-sized feeler bet on Beterbiev at +115.

Then I watched the 1st amateur fight vs Usyk, and that fight was a dominant win for Beterbiev by pro standards. He hurt Usyk with a big headshot in the 2nd round, and got a knockdown on a bodyshot in the 3rd round. On top of that, at a different time, Beterbiev managed to become an amateur world champion despite having a fighting style that is absolutely terrible for the amateurs. At this point I was getting excited and placed another half-size bet at +100. Then a few minutes later I took another full-size bet at +100.

I think Beterbievís skill level is getting underrated because heís not a points fighter. But the more I watch him fight, the more I realize he knows exactly what he wants to accomplish in there. In another amateur fight against Michael Hunter, he took some jabs and 1-2s to the face in the 1st round, but that was the end of Hunterís success. Beterbiev probably edged round 2, and round 3 was an ugly stalemate. Point being nobody has had sustained success with jabs against Beterbiev even with a huge reach advantage because he knows very well how to take the jab away. That is a very important skill for a pressure fighter! Beterbiev is NOT Gassiev. Heís not going to plod forward getting lit up by jabs.

Also, once he gets into the pocket, which will happen after you are scared to jab and therefore cannot control the distance, heís forcing you into either shelling up or exchanging with him. And Beterbiev has the kind of power that will bust right through a guard. So you exchange, and if youíre a tough mofo with an excellent left hook like Callum Johnson, maybe you land a magical shot that lands past Beterbievís defensively responsible right hand and nails him right on the chin. That shot is a big part of the reason Beterbiev is underrated coming into this fight. But Gvozdyk doesnít have a killer left hook, his best punch is his straight right. I mean, maybe Gvozdyk lands a nice short counter in between one of Beterbievís punches, as heís a good fighter and it could happen, but I see Beterbiev with a substantial advantage in exchanges, with better power, better chin, and more comfort in the pocket.

Going back to Gvozdyk, quite a few of you boxeo heads have noted that he can be hit, and he has defensive lapses. I think itís worth noting that he has these lapses against a lot of different guys in multiple rounds. I mean Mehdi Amar landed a bunch of clean right hands against him. Chilemba had at least one dominant round and a couple decent rounds against him. Same Chilemba that got washed by Bivol. And Chilemba didnít get KOed, he injured his hand. Karpency scored a knockdown. Stevenson landed one that wasnít scored.

And speaking of Stevenson, it took Gvozdyk a very long time to figure out a painfully one-dimensional old Stevenson. I mean, sure, itís a hell of a one-dimension. Long, fast, accurate, and powerful straight laser left hand. But Stevenson had nothing else to offer. He landed 2 right hands the whole fight, one jab and one hook, neither worth mentioning aside from that they were not lefts. And in spite of this, Gvozdyk did very little. He was waiting and waiting and doing close to nothing, and therefore down on the cards going into the 11th, despite Stevenson not doing a whole lot either. Gvozdyk is not Loma. He is not Usyk. He is not processing information the way they do. I say Beterbievís got the better boxing IQ, and I donít think itís all that close.

I added another half-size yesterday at +110. I was thinking of going even heavier, but then I watched the Kalajdzic fight and maybe Beterbiev is slowing down a bit with age. Heís still on the right side of 35 though, and I see him as at least a 60/40 favorite, maybe as high as 70/30 if age is not catching up to him. Iíve got 2.5 units total on Beterbiev."

This guy is myself reincarnated ...

Let's do this and hope for not getting let down...
Superbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:56 PM #18

Quoted: 1475 Post(s)
Clegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 134,509.65
Total Points: 139,697.89
MMM-My Sharona! - RiZО Have an apple Clegg - danc1984 Yank food is good - mangler jr Chunk cake - It's part of your 5 a day! - Chunk Coffee Is Professional - Loccy 
To make up for that soggy one. - Raider Monkz mhh Alizee is moi lolita <3 - cleaner147 Professional Cookie - Loccy super clegg - Old Coward No Message - -veteran420- 
with love - -veteran420- Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc yum yum pot noodle - Mike_Hunt super e-baller - MANIAC310 
Well deserved, never saw you at history section - HaglerSteelChin It sounds like you need one, LOL - HaglerSteelChin Have some more - HaglerSteelChin Good Man - JimRaynor No Message - Pound4PoundStud 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Scientist Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖΟ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Head and Neck Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

Adorno fighting now, 18, scored a real nice knockdown when opponent got too aggressive
Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:58 PM #19
~HATERS GONNA HATE!~

Quoted: 12960 Post(s)
.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute.!WAR CANELO!. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 219,654.93
Total Points: 239,993.51
No Message - -jose- Happy Holidays bro - KOVALBOXER Boss Hogg Cartel - LoadedWraps bad ass sig and avi..... - Santa_ For Kovalev & Rocky 4 - BKM- 
WAR KILLER KOV!! - Dean_Razorback lol good one! :beerchug: - -jose- uno cerveza - Omowale Tribe Hahaha, good stuff. - Santa_ welcome back vato loco - Tago Nang Tago 
:beerchug: - -jose- No Message - -jose- :beerchug: - -jose- Love your hilarious posts. Keep it up. - 1bad65 CHEERS! - anthonydavid11 
Thanks for upload - - Ram Raid - right on, bro. - MinuteMaid5 

this rican aint ready!
.!WAR CANELO!. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:13 PM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 384 Post(s)
SHO_RULEZ has a reputation beyond reputeSHO_RULEZ has a reputation beyond reputeSHO_RULEZ has a reputation beyond reputeSHO_RULEZ has a reputation beyond reputeSHO_RULEZ has a reputation beyond reputeSHO_RULEZ has a reputation beyond reputeSHO_RULEZ has a reputation beyond reputeSHO_RULEZ has a reputation beyond reputeSHO_RULEZ has a reputation beyond reputeSHO_RULEZ has a reputation beyond reputeSHO_RULEZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,527.97
Total Points: 22,411.49
ou know what's up! :D.  On point! http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16271325&postcount=13 - Fat 

I'm gonna go with the trainers here, and I'm picking Gvozdyk by either late TKO or UD. I think Teddy Atlas will have Gvozdyk ready for anything Beterbiev brings to the table.
SHO_RULEZ is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends