Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2019, 05:32 PM #11
Jax teller Jax teller is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,802
Quoted: 1245 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
Jax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 46,753.86
Bank: 1,424.92
Total Points: 48,178.78
Brainwashed Eddie Hearn follower - gjku Eddie's sheep, baah, baah lol - gjku 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyistall View Post
Seriously, do you guys think this fight will happen or not? The date keeps getting moved. No one is talking about the fight and there is no real reason to have the fight in the first place. I think because there is no buzz for the fight, something will magically happen like an injury or a contract dispute to derail the fight and Wilder will end up fighting another bum. One of his list of many bums on his record. I also think the Wilder vs Fury fight will not happen soon either because Fury literally has a 5 bum fight contract. Seriously, what happened to heavyweight boxing? Remember when guys fought the best out there and had no excuses? Remember when guys did more fighting than talking?
Would be karma for Ortiz fumbling the AJ offer and crying low ball, if the figjt doesn't happen.
Jax teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:32 PM #12
STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER is online now
The Watcher
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,328
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Rep Power: 30
STREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 59,157.56
Bank: 132,000.16
Total Points: 191,157.72
so you can stop being paranoid about me, we will always be true blue homies forever even though you hate me - Tha_Greatest Salud! - STREET CLEANER i see, my thread annoyed you, lol, that means im doing good, lol, stay angry but keep writing, lol, peace pal - Tha_Greatest Happy Holidays - BOXEO _ You're a good poster. Keep it up. - 1bad65 
Default

If Wilder doesn't fight Ortiz next the same people that are calling Ortiz old will say that Wilder ducked him.
STREET CLEANER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:34 PM #13
BigDramaShow BigDramaShow is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 121
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
BigDramaShow is infamous around these partsBigDramaShow is infamous around these partsBigDramaShow is infamous around these partsBigDramaShow is infamous around these partsBigDramaShow is infamous around these partsBigDramaShow is infamous around these partsBigDramaShow is infamous around these partsBigDramaShow is infamous around these partsBigDramaShow is infamous around these partsBigDramaShow is infamous around these partsBigDramaShow is infamous around these parts
Points: 8,254.21
Bank: 1,315.63
Total Points: 9,569.84
Default

Everyone jokes about Ortiz age, but he's the best 56 year old boxer I've seen. Still dangerous.
BigDramaShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:35 PM #14
Ray* Ray* is online now
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, England
Age: 41
Posts: 39,157
Quoted: 6436 Post(s)
Rep Power: 98
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 44,753.61
Bank: 271,186.50
Total Points: 315,940.11
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNeutral. View Post
Who knows, when they 1st called it it was just a panic announcement cuz Joshua was calling wilder out and he had to find a quick excuse. Maybe it will never happen.
He obviously canít hold a fight on his own merit, he needs to piggyback on other names, thatís the truth. Didnít he announce the fight a day or two before the Joshua/Ruiz fight?

Since then Ruiz/Joshua has happened, and now the rematch presser has kicked off, still to Wilder/Ortiz 2.
Ray* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:37 PM #15
Vodkaholic Vodkaholic is online now
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 979
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Rep Power: 2
Vodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond reputeVodkaholic has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 14,009.09
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,009.09
Default

Who cares? Garbageass fight
Vodkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:22 PM #16
KTFOKING KTFOKING is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 8,730
Quoted: 5568 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19
KTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 228,193.55
Bank: 3,514.37
Total Points: 231,707.92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBlanco View Post
Pac-Thurman didn't kill it. Should have done way more than 425-450K.
No, by all reports it was approaching 500k and the deal FOX has distributing PPVs is better than the typical 50/50 split. The PPV did well. And the Spence/Garcia PPV also did well, but at that time they didn't have the split that they have now.
KTFOKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:24 PM #17
QueensburyRules QueensburyRules is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 4,098
Quoted: 1738 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 72,598.83
Bank: 1,410.78
Total Points: 74,009.61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyistall View Post
Seriously, do you guys think this fight will happen or not? The date keeps getting moved. No one is talking about the fight and there is no real reason to have the fight in the first place. I think because there is no buzz for the fight, something will magically happen like an injury or a contract dispute to derail the fight and Wilder will end up fighting another bum. One of his list of many bums on his record. I also think the Wilder vs Fury fight will not happen soon either because Fury literally has a 5 bum fight contract. Seriously, what happened to heavyweight boxing? Remember when guys fought the best out there and had no excuses? Remember when guys did more fighting than talking?
- -Nobody to remember Deyonce.
QueensburyRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:43 AM #18
REDEEMER REDEEMER is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,087
Quoted: 1896 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
REDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 66,174.29
Bank: 1,376.03
Total Points: 67,550.32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyistall View Post
Seriously, do you guys think this fight will happen or not? The date keeps getting moved. No one is talking about the fight and there is no real reason to have the fight in the first place. I think because there is no buzz for the fight, something will magically happen like an injury or a contract dispute to derail the fight and Wilder will end up fighting another bum. One of his list of many bums on his record. I also think the Wilder vs Fury fight will not happen soon either because Fury literally has a 5 bum fight contract. Seriously, what happened to heavyweight boxing? Remember when guys fought the best out there and had no excuses? Remember when guys did more fighting than talking?
Wilder never fought the best , AJ carried the division so what Wilder does doesn't dictate how it's perceived .

When Wilder fights a ready Fury it will be a legit fight and he will lose again. Wilder has to fight Ortiz otherwise it's Kownacki and then everyone will say he's ducking ,because you can't win with boxing fans.
REDEEMER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:10 PM #19
KingHippo KingHippo is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: French Canadia
Posts: 3,074
Quoted: 1802 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
KingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these partsKingHippo is infamous around these parts
Points: 24,533.36
Bank: 1,276.84
Total Points: 25,810.20
Default

Wilder was supposed to fight Ortiz and Povetkin but both were popped for PEDs because they were scared sh��tless. He also accepted a bullsh��t offer from Hearn who then started focking with the details because he never in a million years thought that Wilder would actually accept it. We all know why now.

Fury was the only one with the balls to step to him and they both got the fight done in minutes. Then he almost got his head detached from his body. Funny how everybody thinks people and promoters are rushing to get their shiny little toys in the ring with a guy that could literally kill them and end their career.
KingHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:49 PM #20
BennyBlanco BennyBlanco is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 765
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18
BennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,758.56
Bank: 7,679.56
Total Points: 13,438.12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFOKING View Post
No, by all reports it was approaching 500k and the deal FOX has distributing PPVs is better than the typical 50/50 split. The PPV did well. And the Spence/Garcia PPV also did well, but at that time they didn't have the split that they have now.
Wrong wrong wrong.

PBC did a calendar year deal. Whatever deal they had for Spence-Garcia is the same deal for Pac-Thurman.

Pac-Thurman will not exceed 450K - which is only about 10% better than Pac-Broner. Given that Thurman was considered a much more viable and competitive opponent than Broner, 10% more buys can't be considered a success.
BennyBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, bums, fury, heavyweight, ortiz, rematch, wilder

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 PM.