Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua can beat Ruiz easily IF!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With his pedal to the metal, Joshua is too much for Ruiz. The bad news for Joshua is that Joshua just hasn’t shown the motor to fight with any intensity for more than a few moments.

If Joshua can’t hurt Ruiz and he could not hurt him in the first fight, he’s going to have to find a way to keep Ruiz off of him without exhausting himself. Another thing Joshua could not do in the first fight. Once Ruiz gets in firing range it’s only a matter of time till Ruiz hurts Joshua.
    Last edited by 4truth; 08-10-2019, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Im going with joshua for the rematch... Tall guy with is always troublesome.
      He just need to dance a round Ruiz and thats sure win.

Comment

Works in theory, but unfortunately Joshua is too big and stiff to deal with Ruiz who will duck and get inside, even take risks to get in there and throw multiple shots at the chinless body builder.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
          Ruiz is a very formidable opponent. I don’t even know if he’s the better boxer than Ruiz tbh
          .He's not.

Comment

Boxing would be a good strategy and idea if he was at least 20-25 pounds lighter. However at 250 lbs, he is too heavy to circle the ring, while sticking and moving at the same time for twelve rounds.

His arms are too heavy and muscular to throw them many jabs and punches. He would have to expend too much energy in order to fight off the back foot. That is not his style.

Joshua is more of a sprinter than a marathon runner.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              He boxes and not brawls, I have no idea why boxers try to force game plans. You have to FEEL the fight..

Ruiz knows 1 way and that is coming forward..Joshua has the reach and just needs to lead Ruiz into traps, and then learn to fight INSIDE RUIZ'S COMFORT ZONE..

Which means stand your ground at time but only when that ground leads to Ruiz swinging outside of your guard where you can always be inside of his arms..

He fought a stupid fight the first time and maybe that's what he needed just like in the Olympics..

Some people need to be humbled in order to reach that next level..Joshua has a nice skill set but I think he drank to much of the kool-aid and forgot the "process" it happens to us all in life.

He should beat Ruiz in the rematch and if not then he needs to look at himself in the mirror and ask himself is he is really built for this because Ruiz is a straight up and down fighters. I predict he stops Ruiz in less then 3 rounds.
              Some good points...he needs to fight like he did but with a bit more respect, I agree that he had the wrong approach, and lost his way...I think he thought no one could take his best shots and he found a guy who could.

I disagree with your prediction though and you haven't learned from the first fight, Ruiz is a talent, and he has skills, a chin, stamina, hand speed, and pedigree. He is a handful, but Joshua has physical advantages and lots of talent himself.

He beats him by using his size this time, and when he lands his big punches - dont follow in and try and take Ruiz out. A guy like Ruiz needs softening up, he needs breaking down, if he does that he can stop him late, or win a decision. I think it's a 50/50 personally because at times Ruiz will get to Joshua, and I'm not sure that he doesn't hurt him again

Comment

He thought the stoppage was on after the knock down. It wasn't. He has to keep it long in the rematch even if it's a boring fight.

Comment

I agree, mostly.

It's all in his posture man. Boxing, punching, doesn't make a difference. If his stands and throws stiff like he does he has a good chance of getting caught.

I reckon his only chance is to mimic Wlad honestly. I don't think there's enough time to teach Joshua basic boxing postures and positions. He's got bad habits it's best to just avoid, I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                  X