Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2019, 12:01 AM #51
davefromvancouv davefromvancouv is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 464
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
davefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to all
Points: 21,437.77
Bank: 3,427.31
Total Points: 24,865.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlytheTruth View Post
I think that the past 12 months have shown us that Wilder will only fight Ruiz, not Joshua. If Joshua beats Ruiz and Whyte's B sample comes back positive then the likelihood is that either Fury or Ruiz will be the next voluntary defence. Until Wilder beats Fury, clean and clear, Wilder will always have that dark cloud of the that 'loss' to Fury.

The fact that you said Fury isn't ready to fight the top fighters yet be should have got the W against Wilder, says a lot about who you consider to be the top fighters
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
If Fury was ready, he'd be fighting a top 10 heavyweight. He's not, so he isn't. And it has something to do with rising from the dead in the Wilder fight.
davefromvancouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:05 AM #52
davefromvancouv davefromvancouv is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 464
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
davefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to all
Points: 21,437.77
Bank: 3,427.31
Total Points: 24,865.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacedUp View Post
And then proceeded to make 6 months worth of excuses
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Actually no. He immediately signed up for a Fury rematch and Fury went into the protective custody with ESPN and Bob Arum, wanting nothing to do with Wilder, Joshua, Whyte, Ortiz, or any other top 10 heavyweight. But as far as you're concerned, this means that Fury is ready to fight the best of the division...
davefromvancouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:03 AM #53
OnlytheTruth OnlytheTruth is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 182
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1
OnlytheTruth has a spectacular aura aboutOnlytheTruth has a spectacular aura aboutOnlytheTruth has a spectacular aura about
Points: 5,684.13
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,684.13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefromvancouv View Post
If Fury was ready, he'd be fighting a top 10 heavyweight. He's not, so he isn't. And it has something to do with rising from the dead in the Wilder fight.
Wallin is ranked #4 by the WBA.

Is he worth that rank? probably not, but for this specific conversation, he is fighting a top 10 ranked opponent.

If Fury loses, I bet there will be 100 people on here saying they knew it would happen, just like after Ruiz beat Joshua.

Rising from the dead - he got up and won that round, IMO.
OnlytheTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:06 PM #54
REDEEMER REDEEMER is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,092
Quoted: 1896 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
REDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 66,251.88
Bank: 1,376.03
Total Points: 67,627.91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefromvancouv View Post
Fury gave a different reason why the rematch didn't happen, and it had nothing to do with the location. It was about leverage and no longer being an opponent:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

But ESPN also didn't want the rematch right away because they wanted to build up Fury's profile in the STATES!! The problem is that Fury is choosing to fight guys you've never heard of who are ranked below the top 50 and top 40 in the world. THAT tells you either he or his team (or both) do not BELIEVE he is ready for any real challenges. And I bet it has a lot to do with the brain damage he sustained in the Wilder fight...
This was after the ESPN deal it's on video of him seeking out venues in the U.K and when that happened after the fight sometime , Wilder put his foot down and insisted a rematch at Barclays .

What you attempted here is just more misplacing the actual events of how they happened with a carefully selected video .
REDEEMER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:19 PM #55
REDEEMER REDEEMER is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,092
Quoted: 1896 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
REDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 66,251.88
Bank: 1,376.03
Total Points: 67,627.91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlytheTruth View Post
Wallin is ranked #4 by the WBA.

Is he worth that rank? probably not, but for this specific conversation, he is fighting a top 10 ranked opponent.

If Fury loses, I bet there will be 100 people on here saying they knew it would happen, just like after Ruiz beat Joshua.

Rising from the dead - he got up and won that round, IMO.
When Wallin puts up a tough fight come back to this thread and see them devalue Fury instead of giving Wallin credit as a top fighter, Davie boy is a top shill on here he'll be back for sure. Ha

Last edited by REDEEMER; 08-08-2019 at 02:21 PM.
REDEEMER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:41 PM #56
davefromvancouv davefromvancouv is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 464
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
davefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to all
Points: 21,437.77
Bank: 3,427.31
Total Points: 24,865.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlytheTruth View Post
Wallin is ranked #4 by the WBA.

Is he worth that rank? probably not, but for this specific conversation, he is fighting a top 10 ranked opponent.

If Fury loses, I bet there will be 100 people on here saying they knew it would happen, just like after Ruiz beat Joshua.

Rising from the dead - he got up and won that round, IMO.
A better ranking system is at Boxrec ([Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]) which is based on a fighter's record, level of opposition and activity. Because he's only really fought two top 10 fighters in his career, namely Klitschko (#1) and Wilder (#2), Fury is ranked #4 behind Andy Ruiz, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua. Otto Wallin is actually ranked #48 and Tom Schwarz was ranked #53 at the time Fury fought him (now ranked #57). After he got up from that highlight-reel knockdown, took a couple more dangerous shots but still came on strong at the end of the round,, Fury and his team realized he needed a lot more work before he competed at the top level again, but that didn't stop them from claiming that Fury is the best, wants to fight the best, but obviously is not doing so.

So ESPN threw a lifeline, saved him from an immediate rematch with Wilder, and he's been building up his body and honing his skills ever since, hoping to eventually put on a better, less painful performance against Wilder in the rematch. Nevertheless, his refusal to take the immediate rematch was a silent acknowledgement that Wilder is the better man right now.
davefromvancouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:42 PM #57
davefromvancouv davefromvancouv is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 464
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
davefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to all
Points: 21,437.77
Bank: 3,427.31
Total Points: 24,865.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEEMER View Post
This was after the ESPN deal it's on video of him seeking out venues in the U.K and when that happened after the fight sometime , Wilder put his foot down and insisted a rematch at Barclays .

What you attempted here is just more misplacing the actual events of how they happened with a carefully selected video .
Wow! So I provide a video of Fury explaining why he refused the immediate rematch and you...uh...what???
davefromvancouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:11 PM #58
REDEEMER REDEEMER is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,092
Quoted: 1896 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
REDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 66,251.88
Bank: 1,376.03
Total Points: 67,627.91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefromvancouv View Post
Wow! So I provide a video of Fury explaining why he refused the immediate rematch and you...uh...what???
Nope you provided an after the fact one , you don't really like facts though that's why you get corrected by the smart posters on here and mingle with the less fortunate ones as you parade around as a Wilder fan boy.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
REDEEMER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:36 PM #59
davefromvancouv davefromvancouv is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 464
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
davefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to alldavefromvancouv is a name known to all
Points: 21,437.77
Bank: 3,427.31
Total Points: 24,865.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEEMER View Post
Nope you provided an after the fact one , you don't really like facts though that's why you get corrected by the smart posters on here and mingle with the less fortunate ones as you parade around as a Wilder fan boy.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Try again...
He recalls AFTER THE FACT why he rejected the rematch. You say it's because of the location (without providing any real sources to back up your claim), and he says NO, location doesn't really matter. He said he deserves a level playing field, he's earned the right as the lineal champion and no longer wants to be treated as an opponent. Not to mention the "fact" that the ESPN deal is an exclusive 5-fight deal to fight in the US, not the UK.
davefromvancouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
fury, hearing, otto, tyson, wallin

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 PM.