Official Comments Thread: "Miracle Man" Jacobs vs "Good Boy" Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Comments Thread: "Miracle Man" Jacobs vs "Good Boy" Golovkin

Gennady "Good Boy" Golovkin
    (36-0-0) vs Daniel "Miracle Man" Jacobs (32-1-0)
    Middleweight / 160 lbs / 12.0 Stone
    3.19.17 HBO, Madison Square Garden

I see Jacobs winning the early few rounds with activity, having early limited success similar to Brook but keeping his distance with fully extended punches and movement. GGG takes over in the early-mid rounds to close the gap on the cards, and forcing Jacobs into a fight as GGG stays on top of him. I see a bloodbath, a phonebooth fight with Jacobs against the ropes, getting stopped late in a controversial wave off by the ref, trying to save the heap of blood and flesh that Golovkin is pounding away at deep in the 11th.
    GGG by KO/TKO
    78.10%
    GGG by UD/SD/MD
    3.59%
    Jacobs by KO/TKO
    8.50%
    Jacobs by UD/SD/MD
    7.52%
    Draw / too close to call
    2.29%
    Last edited by LoadedWraps; 01-11-2017, 01:51 AM. Reason: added official start date and location.

Jacobs has a punchers chance, but I think GGG is too technically skilled for him. He won't fight Jacobs the way he fought Brook (wild, with no respect for power)

Comment

Daniel Jacobs is going to put hands on GGG

GGG will not rush in against Jacobs like he did Brook, Monroe Jr, etc.

He will try to box Jacobs like he did against Lemieux. Problem is is that Jacobs is hands down the better boxer than Lemieux and GGG.

GGG will get frustrated and will go in and risk it all and will get clipped by a punch he didn't see coming. GGG was closing his eyes against Kell Brook.

Last time someone closed their eyes against Jacobs, they were stopped in 88 seconds.

Check my post history. I haven't missed all year. And won't miss for this fight.

Comment

Golovkin TKO inside of 6 rounds.

Comment

Jacobs has all of the tools to beat GGG except the chin. Golovkin catches him eventually. It could be at anytime from the opening bell to the finishing bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
            Jacobs has all of the tools to beat GGG except the chin. Golovkin catches him eventually. It could be at anytime from the opening bell to the finishing bell.
            It would be a great fight while it lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              It would be a great fight while it lasted.
              Jacobs problem is he gets careless when the other guy is hurt. Mora was in trouble and when Jacobs went in to finish it he got caught flush and knocked down. Against GGG he wouldn't get up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                He does, but GGG still superior than Jacobs as much as I like the kid.

He brought his A game on friday and I wish he could get a couple of fights before Gennady, don't want to see him knocked out

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                  He does, but GGG still superior than Jacobs as much as I like the kid.

He brought his A game on friday and I wish he could get a couple of fights before Gennady, don't want to see him knocked out
                  I think he is ready as ever imo. He's already 32. It only goes downhill from here.

Comment

GGG wins easy. Jacobs is a good guy but he's not beating GGG. He will get beat up by the jab and get caught to the body and stopped in the mid rounds...

Hope we get to see it though

Comment

Working...
                    X