Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 10-20-2019, 02:42 AM #31
Interim Champion

Quoted: 391 Post(s)
MastaBlasta is infamous around these partsMastaBlasta is infamous around these partsMastaBlasta is infamous around these partsMastaBlasta is infamous around these partsMastaBlasta is infamous around these partsMastaBlasta is infamous around these partsMastaBlasta is infamous around these partsMastaBlasta is infamous around these partsMastaBlasta is infamous around these partsMastaBlasta is infamous around these partsMastaBlasta is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,309.08
Total Points: 26,876.97

It's a scramble, garnering talented boxers to make entertaining fights, that people will care about. I hope all these promoters and networks scramble and find ways to survive, because this keeps Boxing in the public media.

The problem today is greed (ok, high aspirations). The Ali's, Mayweathers, Lewises, Durans, Leonards, Foremans, Pacquioas, etc (that broke financial records and made boxing mainstream) were special individuals. Compelling storys and careers coupled with success and excitement, and able to generate record interest, and monies.

There are only so many of "those individuals" that are gonna happen in a generation.

Promoters/networks now are trying to create and control fighters, and nurture careers to cash in on a "generational" fighter (like the legends). It's hard to create and predict, but the more of the sport you control the better your chances of being "Don King" when the next "Ali" happens.

So, many take aim at DOMINATING the sport. They just want the money.

Hopefully no one actually gets there. Corruption, favoritism, and a decline in the sports integrity will occur if any single entity dominates the sport. Multiple players helps keep the sport honest (as much as it is - many already don't think it's honest enough).

Hating on DAZN/PBC/TopRank/Showtime/Fox or becoming their cheerleaders should only be for people being paid to do it. If anyone is being paid, carry on. For everyone else, the topic and discussions should be about the fights and the fighters abilities.

I remember boxing was commonplace on tv, and I remember when it disappeared for years. It's nice to have it around again. I hope they all survive, keep the integrity high and corruption low, and everyone makes a decent dollar along the way (enough that people continue to stage and support the sport). Everything more is gravy, nice if it happens but not the end-all-be-all.
MastaBlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:35 AM #32
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
TheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,328.62
Total Points: 60,242.59
Thanks for your support & respect - Massage Queen girls boxing vid - -jose- :beerchug: - -jose- Great thread, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
Bob is only the face of the company. His step son runs the company. He's the one that primarily negotiated the ESPN deal
I disagree bro. Bob is running the show.

Oscar even pointed out that many people fear Bob and he has real juice. His step son is a joke no one fears that lil twerp. he's about as commanding as Bagel Boss.

I do think if Bob dies TR fighters will fight PBC fighters DAZN etc more, but thats about it bro.
TheGR8TESTOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:26 AM #33
Contender

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold2ndroundko is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,184.80
Total Points: 13,120.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by genrick View Post
First off, there was no bidding that took place. Quit lying.
Espinoza simply couldn't afford the huge guarantee Wilder and his people were demanding.
"F off," said Stephen, "Do it somewhere else."
So where would Deontay go? ESPN? DAZN?
Wilder/Shirley/Haymon would have to accept what Fox could offer and afford.
there is always bidding. and there definitely was for this fight
2ndroundko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:57 AM #34
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
DaNeutral. is infamous around these partsDaNeutral. is infamous around these partsDaNeutral. is infamous around these partsDaNeutral. is infamous around these partsDaNeutral. is infamous around these partsDaNeutral. is infamous around these partsDaNeutral. is infamous around these partsDaNeutral. is infamous around these partsDaNeutral. is infamous around these partsDaNeutral. is infamous around these partsDaNeutral. is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,432.04
Total Points: 84,184.02
Always defending Eddie Hearn like you're his lover - "red You love Eddie's cock in your mouth and arse - "red 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpz View Post
What I don't understand is, where does everyone get this perception from?

Espinoza seems to have always been a credible source for things.

Two people who certainly cannot be trusted when they speak are Arum and Hearn. Throw De La Hoya in there too after what they just tried to do to Ryan Garcia.
I suppose the perception comes from all his lying.
DaNeutral. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:10 PM #35
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
lolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,819.40
Total Points: 30,089.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNeutral. View Post
I suppose the perception comes from all his lying.
Can you point out where he's blatantly lied exactly?

I mean the way Arum and Hearn have done it... I'm sure it doesn't compare.

But I'd like to see some proof.
lolpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:44 PM #36
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3490 Post(s)
Jsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 2,102.53
Total Points: 53,751.81

I'll believe Espinoza when he gets some good fights on the schedule. They were killing it a few years ago and then PBC shut them out.

When you're excited that you're airing Clarissa Shields as your headliner, your buisness is going downhill.

Every decent fight PBC airs is now costing us $75 to watch so it's not like Showtime can even get any top level matchups anymore unless they pay ridiculous fees for the fights.

Honestly, if I was an executive at showtime, I'd cut the cord. Boxing can't be making them any money anyways.
Jsmooth9876 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:37 PM #37
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
lolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,819.40
Total Points: 30,089.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
I'll believe Espinoza when he gets some good fights on the schedule. They were killing it a few years ago and then PBC shut them out.

When you're excited that you're airing Clarissa Shields as your headliner, your buisness is going downhill.

Every decent fight PBC airs is now costing us $75 to watch so it's not like Showtime can even get any top level matchups anymore unless they pay ridiculous fees for the fights.

Honestly, if I was an executive at showtime, I'd cut the cord. Boxing can't be making them any money anyways.
Why is any of this within your list of worries though?

If a fight isn't on Showtime, its on free TV. And if its not on Showtime PPV then its on FOX PPV.

Essentially, you do not benefit in any way, shape, or form from Showtime exiting boxing.

It only opens up more doors for YOU (as a fan) to watch MORE fights. (If you want to.)

Unless of course, you aren't a fan of boxing and hate the sport, thus you prefer less networks and less possible fights. Which would then make your post make a lot more sense.
lolpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:45 PM #38
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3490 Post(s)
Jsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these partsJsmooth9876 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 2,102.53
Total Points: 53,751.81

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpz View Post
Why is any of this within your list of worries though?

If a fight isn't on Showtime, its on free TV. And if its not on Showtime PPV then its on FOX PPV.

Essentially, you do not benefit in any way, shape, or form from Showtime exiting boxing.

It only opens up more doors for YOU (as a fan) to watch MORE fights. (If you want to.)

Unless of course, you aren't a fan of boxing and hate the sport, thus you prefer less networks and less possible fights. Which would then make your post make a lot more sense.
I'm not worried about any of it. It's called an opinion and if you haven't noticed, that's what we give here.

I'll wake up and go about my day as normal if they cancel Showtime Boxing and not really care because I have bigger things in life to worry about.

My opinion is that they might as well just get out the game if the best they can do is what they gave us in 2019.
Jsmooth9876 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:12 PM #39
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2578 Post(s)
paulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 604,259.22
Total Points: 673,785.25
Beterbiev - wladavit Cant give you red k, wear this red lipstick on ur bday - led Happy birfday - DonMega I have no green to spread but here's some cake happy birthday - -jose- Happy Birthday man - Rip Chudd 
HBD - -Kev- No Message - Run No Message - Run No Message - Run No Message - Run 
No Message - Run No Message - Run No Message - Run Thanks! - Enayze Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Good stuff. - Santa_ Have one on the house homie! - Mighty_Windir No Message - -jose- It's Always Sunny! - BlakBread904 Cause why not? Drink my man - Mighty_Windir 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
And you'd be switching back next year.
So I shouldn’t trade bad content for good content because the good content might stop coming at some point in the future? Wow.
paulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:17 PM #40
-Swift-

Quoted: 1238 Post(s)
-SWIFT- has a reputation beyond repute-SWIFT- has a reputation beyond repute-SWIFT- has a reputation beyond repute-SWIFT- has a reputation beyond repute-SWIFT- has a reputation beyond repute-SWIFT- has a reputation beyond repute-SWIFT- has a reputation beyond repute-SWIFT- has a reputation beyond repute-SWIFT- has a reputation beyond repute-SWIFT- has a reputation beyond repute-SWIFT- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,497.79
Total Points: 21,691.68
:beerchug: - -jose- Haha.  Paulie's garbage. - anthonydavid11 

Showtime will be in boxing as long as pbc needs them.once pbc is done with showtime showtime boxing dies.
-SWIFT- is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends