Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 10-11-2019, 05:54 PM #31
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3941 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,765.76
Total Points: 175,615.32
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
Autism huh? Being as they say "on the spectrum" or what they used to call Asperger's, I can relate. I found most classes to be boring af, except for most English, Art music and gym classes.
In my case it was dyslexia, more accurately dyscalcula. It also enables me to read very fast. Lol. But I can't write columns straight. I could not line up math figures.

I hear you.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:18 PM #32

Quoted: 4197 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,410.78
Total Points: 77,537.97
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
In my case it was dyslexia, more accurately dyscalcula. It also enables me to read very fast. Lol. But I can't write columns straight. I could not line up math figures.

I hear you.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:00 AM #33
Contender

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
GelfSara is a name known to allGelfSara is a name known to allGelfSara is a name known to allGelfSara is a name known to allGelfSara is a name known to allGelfSara is a name known to all
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 12,304.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensburyRules View Post
- -Being sick with a mental illness not the same As a wasted talent any more than Stanley Ketchel being shot in the back and killed.

Considering Mikes horribly abused upbringing, he far and away exceeded expectations, not wasted them.
I'm not sure what you mean here. Tyson has suffered from the "common colds" of psychiatric diagnoses--anxiety and depression--and he abused alcohol and cocaine at times, but reading the above one would think Tyson had just defeated Michael Spinks in 1988 when he suddenly developed full-blown catatonic schizophrenia.
GelfSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:22 AM #34
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1734 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 73,855.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GelfSara View Post
I'm not sure what you mean here. Tyson has suffered from the "common colds" of psychiatric diagnoses--anxiety and depression--and he abused alcohol and cocaine at times, but reading the above one would think Tyson had just defeated Michael Spinks in 1988 when he suddenly developed full-blown catatonic schizophrenia.
- -One would think that you don't, but no need to belabor your shortcomings.

What is indisputable is medical doctors placed him on psychotropic meds and very strong experimental sedatives.
QueensburyRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:10 AM #35
Contender

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
GelfSara is a name known to allGelfSara is a name known to allGelfSara is a name known to allGelfSara is a name known to allGelfSara is a name known to allGelfSara is a name known to all
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 12,304.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensburyRules View Post
- -One would think that you don't, but no need to belabor your shortcomings.

What is indisputable is medical doctors placed him on psychotropic meds and very strong experimental sedatives.
You may be interested in the below:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

"While antidepressant medications can be a useful adjunct in Dysthymic Disorder, they are not always necessary or helpful. When medications are recommended, that recommendation is made based on numerous factors, including the necessity of the medication, the side effects of the medication and effect on the patient’s lifestyle, and the availability of alternative treatments. In Mr. Tyson’s situation, it is our recommendation that his treatment be centered on the management of emotions through psychotherapeutic interventions rather than medication. Such treatment is more likely to have persistent benefits in terms of Mr. Tyson’s modification of his behavior over the long term."

Last edited by GelfSara; 10-21-2019 at 12:19 AM.
GelfSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:49 AM #36
Undisputed Champion

QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GelfSara View Post
You may be interested in the below:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

"While antidepressant medications can be a useful adjunct in Dysthymic Disorder, they are not always necessary or helpful. When medications are recommended, that recommendation is made based on numerous factors, including the necessity of the medication, the side effects of the medication and effect on the patientís lifestyle, and the availability of alternative treatments. In Mr. Tysonís situation, it is our recommendation that his treatment be centered on the management of emotions through psychotherapeutic interventions rather than medication. Such treatment is more likely to have persistent benefits in terms of Mr. Tysonís modification of his behavior over the long term."
- -Don't think much of the mumbo jumbo of the psychiatrist/psychologist industry, esp as it pertains to kids.

Plenty of adults do because of severe emotional problems and that's their choice and sometimes they find relief.

Think even less of your armchair analogy. What we do know is docs put him on strong meds and he was never the same fighter again, but the kings and the Shirley's could prop him up every fight and clear fortunes off him.

Exploitation of people is nothing new.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:51 PM #37
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
GoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 11,297.80

How about Riddick Bowe? The win against Holyfield is solid, but man, Riddick could box well and was strong.
GoogleMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:53 PM #38
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
GoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 11,297.80

I also think, that Adrien Broner is wasting his talents at welter. He's actually competent at LW, though his mentality is cringy.
GoogleMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:47 PM #39
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogleMe View Post
I also think, that Adrien Broner is wasting his talents at welter. He's actually competent at LW, though his mentality is cringy.
- -The bonehead barely makes welter.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:11 PM #40
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3941 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,765.76
Total Points: 175,615.32
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogleMe View Post
Bronner is a clique now a days but he is actually an interesting case. I agree with QueenB that he could never be a legit lightweight these days...People forget that when he was fighting lightweight he was very young. He matured to a point where making that weight was really prohibitive.

The question is could he have developed into a decent welter? A lot of guys have talent, was Bronner something special? I don't think so. His power was not special enough to carry him through a talented division. Proof is really in the pudding, he got figured out and I think he knew he could not compete with some of these guys coming up now.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends