No announcement yet.

Friendly reminder that boxers decline at 31, and Beterbiev is old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
    And people wanted floyd to fight canelo at age 42 lol.
    Nobody really wanted that. Some probably just got sick of hearing idiots claiming that Floyd would win such a contest or that the original fight with a catchweight was legit...lol

Comment

Every fighter is different. Some are washed up by 25, others don't really find their stride till their early 30's

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        How many of us we're calling him prime at 34?
        Can’t tell you how many times i heard Canelo supposedly ducked a “prime” 34 yr old GGG. Unless they wanted Canelo to fight a 28 yr old G somehow

Comment

Berbie will look like a crash test dummy vs Gvozdyk.

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
            Can’t tell you how many times i heard Canelo supposedly ducked a “prime” 34 yr old GGG. Unless they wanted Canelo to fight a 28 yr old G somehow
            I'd disagree with anyone that says 34 is still prime.

Comment

I guess you can classify boxers past their athletic primes once they hit their 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                Nobody really wanted that. Some probably just got sick of hearing idiots claiming that Floyd would win such a contest or that the original fight with a catchweight was legit...lol
                A catch weight was legit because canelo agreed to it. Plus let’s not act like floyd is a real 154 pounder. Canelo was doing the same thing with other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
                  A catch weight was legit because canelo agreed to it. Plus let’s not act like floyd is a real 154 pounder. Canelo was doing the same thing with other fighters.
                  I agree that the fight was legit in so far as no laws were broken. Beyond that, not so much.

Canelo hadn't weight abused anyone at that point but sadly, as so often happens, poor abused canelo became an abuser.

Comment

Working...
                  X