Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 08-14-2019, 11:59 AM #61
Contender

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
blitted_master has a reputation beyond reputeblitted_master has a reputation beyond reputeblitted_master has a reputation beyond reputeblitted_master has a reputation beyond reputeblitted_master has a reputation beyond reputeblitted_master has a reputation beyond reputeblitted_master has a reputation beyond reputeblitted_master has a reputation beyond reputeblitted_master has a reputation beyond reputeblitted_master has a reputation beyond reputeblitted_master has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,144.15
Total Points: 8,810.95

Fury is too tall and too slick for Big George. George would be outpunched 10-1 and lose by a clear decision.
blitted_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:55 AM #62
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,276.84
Total Points: 24,254.75
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensburyRules View Post
- -Real easy for me...

Sonny-9 years to first title-best three fights in the leadup by YOU!

1960 Machen- 34-2-1(Best fighter prior to Sonny was 58 Folley-draw, and 60 Folley-loss UD.)

1960 Folley 50-3-2(Best fighter prior to Sonny was 58 Machen-draw, and 60 Machen-win UD.

1959-60 Williams-45-2, 45-3 (Best fighter prior to Sonny was Bob Satterfield who KOed Cleve)

Easy work so far, but a bit inbred, like the 50s post Rocky were weakened severely as usually happens when a true great retires.

Wlad 1996 Gold Superheavy Olympic Medalist-4 years to first title-best fights in the leadup by ME!

1999 Axel Schulz 26-3-1 (Best fighter prior to Wlad was The Champ, George Foreman-controversial MD loss. Wlad the only fighter to ever KO Schultz.

2000 Paei Wolfgram 18-1-0 and 96 Silver Superheavy Olympic Medalist (Best fighter prior to Wlad was former title contender Jorge Luis Gonzalez-a MD win. Wlad the first fighter to KO Wolfgram.

2000 Monte Barrett 23-1 (Best fighter prior to Wlad was Lance Whitaker-a SD loss. Wlad the first fighter to ever KO Barrett.

Wlad easily KOs Sonny's best, but not a given Sonny could KO Wlad's comp given the size and credentials of the modern superheavies over the teensy 50s heavies.

And what was Sonny doing 4 years in his career? Well, in 1956 he avenges his sole loss to little Monte Marshall before, ahem, disappearing for his 4th year in 1957.

Folks, I don't make this stuff up...only in boxing!

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
I don't always disagree with you queen. But I think Sonny's list is a lot better than Wlads. Come on Barret is a straight up bum. Alex shultz is decent and underrated. But Def not better than Folley.
them_apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:22 PM #63
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1734 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,410.78
Total Points: 73,854.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by them_apples View Post
I don't always disagree with you queen. But I think Sonny's list is a lot better than Wlads. Come on Barret is a straight up bum. Alex shultz is decent and underrated. But Def not better than Folley.
- -We all have a right to our opinion, but I like to think mine are more based on science than opinion, ie: Barrett and Schultz not considered big men, but they were much bigger and more powerful than Folley and Machen and pretty fair boxers in their own right.
QueensburyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:37 PM #64
Official NSB POTY 2016

Quoted: 5192 Post(s)
LoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 95,551.26
For May 3rd to celebrate Mayweather's FIRST LOSS!! - Golovkin The LOADED medal!!! A special medal given to LoadedWraps for catching bodies on a daily basis. 1/1 SPECIAL EDITION. - Golovkin Red and Gold is my blood - -jose- A beer for my Comrad! - DonMega Toy my friend!One week  from history! - fundicao 
Guerra Cotto...PRPP..Tu Sabe.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES War Fury - valero Tyson Fury bout to give Wladimir the ol' Pizza Face - Thurman Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. War Fury! - StudentOfDaGame 
Long live the king lol - HughJass No Message - anthonydavid11 that sig pic tho.. - Santa_ LoadedWraps that dude - Mike D Cheers brother! - Bombs Away! 
No Message - anthonydavid11 You're still one of my favorite posters bruh...even when we disagree - Mike D Something to drink during Kovalev-Ward! - mathed 2017 MVP - Mike D !!!! WAR SRISAKET !!!! - badboyz08 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - punchr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by them_apples View Post
Is this a joke? Fury is the finest pure boxer the heavyweight division has ever seen? The competition is probably at its weakest of all time in the history of the sport. Yeah Foreman lost to Morrison but that Morrison would have knocked Fury out. Don't pretend that Wilder is better than a prime Morrison.

I don't think you realize how low level these heavyweights are. Wlad was never good, but he stuck around long enough fighting garbage competition that it somehow now holds merit when someone beats the 40 year old version on him.

The Holyfield that Fought foreman would have knocked Wlad and Fury out in the same night.
Not a fighter in history who can beat Fury honestly. No one has his combination of size, skill, IQ, and heavy hands. Sweet Pea in Goliaths body. He would take Foremans face off with his jab from southpaw and counter him and send him into the ropes with check hooks and uppercuts. Foreman would be a bloody mess.
LoadedWraps is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
90's, foreman?, fury, geroge, tyson