Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Really Happened with Dave Chappelle and Chappelle Show???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chappelle was in the wrong line of work to be so temperamental. Hollywood is a rough place and to have made it to the top of that pinnacle only to fall Earthward and off of the media radar is pretty sad. I'm sure he had his "reasons," but I would liken his saga to running for president, and when victory is clearly in sight you drop out of the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

that's his latest stand up.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED REALLY.

Chappelle is still Chappelle. Still talking about race, still talking about hot button issues.

Still fcking funny as hell.
      He's probably doing a lot more on his own terms, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
        Chappelle was in the wrong line of work to be so temperamental. Hollywood is a rough place and to have made it to the top of that pinnacle only to fall Earthward and off of the media radar is pretty sad. I'm sure he had his "reasons," but I would liken his saga to running for president, and when victory is clearly in sight you drop out of the race.
        Not really sad, he is rich, does what he wants, is respected by his peers and has a big fan base. His shows here in the UK, got sold out instantly. Every one I knew that loves comedy, was talking about that.

Anyone who saw the Chappelle Show knows how great it was, at least it didn't go out past its prime like most shows do now.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
          Not really sad, he is rich, does what he wants, is respected by his peers and has a big fan base. His shows here in the UK, got sold out instantly. Every one I knew that loves comedy, was talking about that.

Anyone who saw the Chappelle Show knows how great it was, at least it didn't go out past its prime like most shows do now.
          But nor did it really even get started. Two seasons is pathetic in my humble opinion....

Comment

The same reason Comedy central killed Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn. Things like Chapelle's show and tough crowd were undoing what they were trying to push with the Daily Show

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
              I think he hated the idea of selling himself out at as a comedian. Basically he said when you get paid 50 million, there's strings attached, and its not just about making funny material. Its about making funny material that the TV executives want to see.
              Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Dave and Neal Brennan wrote the skits on the show, and had an agreement that they wouldn't reveal who wrote what skit. It was never explicitly stated, but I think that Brennan was fine with writing the racially charged sketches that CC wanted, while Dave was wanting to back off. Dave felt everyone was against him and left.

Whether that was the case or not, it's pretty obvious Dave had a meltdown and decided Holywood wasn't for him. If it was a case of just not wanting to do the show, he could have a multi-film deal with any studio he liked. He just doesn't want to do showbiz any more and that's his choice.
              hollywood is a ****ed up place, i don't blame him for not wanting be a part of the system, he must have thought it was time to get out. lol, i bet he was also tired of people random people saying "i'm rick james, b*tch" in his face every day. that show was so funny, after the rick james parts and the *****r family i must have laughed for half an hour after it was over.

Comment

For anyone who has 2 hrs, this is a great, well made documentary about Chappelle's past and Chappelle's Show. It also includes Neal Brennan's side of the story.

Comment

that's his latest stand up.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED REALLY.

Chappelle is still Chappelle. Still talking about race, still talking about hot button issues.

Still fcking funny as hell.
                  wasnt that funny imo or nearly as funny as his others stand up.

I want to see Martin Lawerence new Stand Up SHow think he just wraped it up or he doing like a 5 city tour in jan not sure one of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                    Maybe, but I think Chappelle is just too real of a guy for Hollywood. He seems like a simple guy who just has creative and funny ideas he wants to get out there. He walked away in a situation where 99% of people in showbiz would have caved in, even to the point where the show would eventually sucked ass.

Chappelle is a real man, he will always have my respect.

Comment

lol he cannot be possibly talking about his wife who he hates with a passion lmfaaoooo
                      He's RICH!!
                      LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X