Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Canelo Alvarez PED & Fallout Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight goes on but Canelo has to wear a Ronald McDonald costume for all of the press conferences and the ring walk.

Comment

I say let the fight go on under one condition - They let GGG inject the same exact amount of the same type of drug into his body that Canelo did, that way chemically they're on the same level playing field again.

Comment

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
        There's pros & cons to it. It really depends on what was exactly Canelos dopping tactic: 1) Was he at the end of the cycle and got caught at the end, or 2) Was he just starting with his clenbuterol intakes and planning on using it until the rematch?

If it was the first one than all the damage is already done and Canelo is ready for the rematch because he already got all the benefits out of it.
        But if it's the later, it would be a huge favor for GGG because it means Canelo wouldn't be able to juice up till the weight-in as planned, so it would be better than postponing the fight, in which case Canelo would have another chance at juicing and cycling off.

EDIT:

I agree, I kinda wrote the same thing in this very same post. If he just started using it and got caught than it's great news for GGG, but if he was at the end or middle of his doping cycle, in that case he already got some, if not all the benefits out of it.
        As a Trainer & former fighter here is another thing you need to take into consideration. As the days of the fight starts whining down, GGG will be reducing weight & when you reduce weight you start reducing muscle mass. So no matter which way you spin it Clenelo will have an advantage. Think about it, what CleNelo took was to help reduce weight but not reduce muscle mass.

Comment

From a personal perspective, i'd love to see it again, who wouldn't?

The reality is that Canelo should be serving a ban if he's been found guilty. It doesn't exactly send out a good message that if you're a cash cow, it's fair game to use banned substances and have sanctioning bodies jumping to your defence. Other fighters have served bans for banned substances and Canelo should be treated no different..but he is.

The sport can never be cleaned up when they're letting guys like Canelo do whatever they want with no punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
            As a Trainer & former fighter here is another thing you need to take into consideration. As the days of the fight starts whining down, GGG will be reducing weight & when you reduce weight you start reducing muscle mass. So no matter which way you spin it Clenelo will have an advantage. Think about it, what CleNelo took was to help reduce weight but not reduce muscle mass.
            I'm with you, and I wrote in my first post that it would be the only right to cancel the fight, but I personallywould like to see it just because it's a good fight, althought yes GGG is clearly at disadvantage, not only because of Canelo doping, but also because he's 36, so I'm not trying to argue with you, we agree. Fanboys here are already talking about GGG and his fans being ''scared'' if they push for the fight to be canceled, it's crazy how even Canelo doping is somehow Golovkins's fault.

Comment

I say go on with the fight. Test Canelo three times a week or whatever to make sure he is clean. I think he is dirty personally but anything is possible.

Comment

Of course they will not and should not cancel the fight. There is already precedent in boxing for this exact same contaminated meat that left very low traces and still the fight went on. See morales/garcia and vargas/salido fights in recent years. There is also precedent in other sports to not punish the athletes first in the NFL for player who traveled to Mexico for week came back with same low traces consistent with tainted meat and NFL did not suspend him. You have soccer players with these traces from Mexico and were ultimately cleared. Great rant below from Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman saying this is nothing big and shouldn't warrant canceling the fight

Comment

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
                  I'm with you, and I wrote in my first post that it would be the only right to cancel the fight, but I personallywould like to see it just because it's a good fight, althought yes GGG is clearly at disadvantage, not only because of Canelo doping, but also because he's 36, so I'm not trying to argue with you, we agree. Fanboys here are already talking about GGG and his fans being ''scared'' if they push for the fight to be canceled, it's crazy how even Canelo doping is somehow Golovkins's fault.
                  StefanTosic,
                  I realized that you wrote it on an earlier post. I hear ya Bro, And to be honest GGG fans should be scared, CleNelo has disturbed the playing field to his favor. If it was my fighter going up against this same situation I would be pissed off. I mean this sport is so challenging enough that to be up against this would be so frustrating. Hey I like Canelo, but cheating is cheating...

Comment

Official Canelo Alvarez PED Master Thread

We've had numerous posters complain of all the duplicate Canelo PED threads that are clogging up NSB.

Please post all related topics in this master thread. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
                      You're comparing someone who lives in a country with a contaminated meat supply to a cyclist with no such excuse and refusing to see the difference. Seems pretty fanatical to me.
                      The "supply" as you put it is NOT contaminated. By not specifying what part of the supply is contaminated your reference indicates all. 27% (58 out of 200 slaughter houses), a small portion of the supply, had findings of clenbuteral (2016). In years prior to 2016 (e.g. 2006) the number was higher. The numbers are trending down. Health studies don't happen annually.

Nobody believed Erik Morales either. Morales is my favorite FW of all time and it was a bitter pill to swallow, but he's had weight problems in the past, far past his prime, etc. It all added up.

If the brass said it was acceptable for trace, people wouldn't care much. But Joe Public has the report and his levels are 12-14x higher than Contador. Contador was banned for 2 years.

As fans we got to be tough on testing. Get with the program or keep it moving.

I'm a fanatic of what though lol? If someone is a fanatic it's attached to something, e.g. a religoius fanatic.

Maybe you should brush up on what types of fanatics exist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanaticism.
                      Last edited by McNulty; 03-08-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X