Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do regular 6ft+ big guys have an advantage over short buff guys in a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frontman View Post
    I notice a lot of short guys (5'6 and below) get buff but they still look like kids. No offense, I have nothing against short people. Just an observation.
    There is an old saying that sums it up .

Its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of fight in the dog .

Comment

Height is an advantage, but not as big of an advantage as natural weight and size.

That's why boxing, wrestling, MMA and other combat sports have weight divisions, not height divisions.

Comment

All things equal, the bigger man will tend to beat the smaller man. "A good big man will beat a good man". It's really that simple. Of course, anything can happen in a fight, and it's rare that all things will be perfectly equal in a fight. Like one poster said, height is an advantage that has to be overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          There is an old saying that sums it up .

Its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of fight in the dog .
          Your wife says otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

lol but anyway being taller gives you certain advantages but they can be overcome
            I came here just to post that clip, but I prefer this one. That **** never gets old. 'Mike Tyson baby, Mike Tyson!'

Comment

Height is a clear tie breaker at the world class level where two guys have been trained to their maximum potential and simply having 1" longer arms or being 1" taller can win you the jabbing war.

However its comical what a big deal guys make out of height in street fights or the gym. It's like someone who doesn't even know how to drive worrying that they're in last season's 1 milisecond slower formula 1 car.
              Last edited by ////; 12-14-2016, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X