No announcement yet.

Will HBO promote Joe Smith Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will HBO promote Joe Smith Jr?

so we all know Joe Smith is a raw fighter who relies on his wide power shots and will never be a p4p type fighter tho i think if he gets the right fights could maybe win a title at some point. I think everyone thinks now that hes "made" it that he will become a full time fighter and im sure it will help him develop into a more well round fighter maybe even get a new trainer.

My question is if people think HBO will start to promote this kid and air his fights as the A side since he is a very fan friendly fighter. The way he fights, his story everything is fan friendly. I just wonder if HBO will see it and add him to the list of fighters they basically promote.In the past this would be a no brainer that they would anymore though its like p4p fighters or bust and guys who they can do ppv with or future ppv. I cant remember the last US brawler they aired fights for as the A side

Hopefully for Joe Smith they give him a very winnable but fan friendly fight where hes the A side so he can start to build his star and make the money he deserves after going through the gauntlet and coming out on top. I think he has real potential he has real power he will always be raw but I do think he has potential to be somewhat of a star as far as for hardcores go. So more or less just wondering what u guys think will hbo promote him and also does this kid have a chance to be a more well rounded as a full time fighter. What you guys think?
    Last edited by Cinci Champ; 12-20-2016, 03:29 PM.

He has a strike against him: his skin is the wrong color. He'll need to overcome black privilege in American sports.

But that being said, they have made exceptions for exciting boxers like Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      He has a strike against him: his skin is the wrong color. He'll need to overcome black privilege in American sports.

But that being said, they have made exceptions for exciting boxers like Kovalev.

Comment

They should. He's a good fighter, has a great story and is very humble. We need more guys like him in the sport.
        And yeah, he's raw, but he's still young and basically just started boxing full time. If he doesn't let the fame & riches goto his head, he can show some excellent improvement in the next year or so and become a dangerous fight for anyone.

Dude stop. That's a bunch of bull****.

Comment

go back to caste football you nerd

Comment

why does he need a winnable fight? i dont understand why fans want to waste time when fighters only fight twice a year. let him fight beterbiev, barrera, gvozdk, etc...whoever wins gets a shot at kov. whoever loses try again

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              why does he need a winnable fight? i dont understand why fans want to waste time when fighters only fight twice a year. let him fight beterbiev, barrera, gvozdk, etc...whoever wins gets a shot at kov. whoever loses try again
              I like the Barrera fight for him, if he beats up Barrera or stops him, itd set up a Ward fight.

Comment

They should at least give him some encouragement to be a full time fighter and see how he grows. He's like Pavlik 2.0, but with better power and handspeed. He really just needs someone to teach him proper footwork so that he's cutting instead of following. Since Kellerman mentioned the battle of Long Island fighters (was it Moynahan? sp.?) I bet we at least see him on a Boxing After Dark card. Better yet, see about squeezing him in to the GGG/Jacobs card since they put Usyck on there too.

Comment

Black priveledge?? Lmao

Comment

quit it.

if there was any black privilege in American sports, then black athletes would not have to act like fools or manufacture controversy in order to generate interest among mainstream (read: white) audiences

Comment

Working...
                    X