No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilders choice of voluntary will reveal his guts or lack of

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Don't you think Haye would take the fight?
    Honestly I don't know.

I think you'd need to be in Haye's head to know that. I know Wilder would be his best shot to get a title as Wilder is the most primitively skilled title holder so he might be able to realize that & take it. Then again I think Wilder would probably be a top 2 or 3 HW win in Haye's career if he beat him & Haye is in his mid 30's now so he might be more worried about the Haye Bum Tour income stream getting damaged when/if he loses before he gets all the free money fans will give him.

I've changed my opinion on Haye over the years with the Klitschko & Fury fallout that Haye looks the part more then he is the part. Haye's HW accomplishments are highly overrated, I suspect Haye realizes that more then fans & is taking advantage of that now & wants to take advantage of it longer. I suspect we got at least 2 or 3 more (a years worth?) Haye bum fights ahead of us before he tries to cash out or take a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Szpilka was winning the fight -- before going to hospital.
      Wilder is postponing Povetkin -- Povetkin ask for tune up to cycle.
      Wilder is vacating -- Accepts fight in Russia.
      Wilder is ducking Povetkin -- after failed drug test doe.
      Hilarious...and true (although the cycling is speculation, but at this point not THAT far fetched speculation).

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        I think it's likely that Wilder will face Andy Ruiz. I Ruiz is the best opponent in terms of risk/reward. He's a tough young and skilled fighter but his lack of conditioning has always been a problem. I think he gives Wilder some good rounds but will not be able to withstand Wilder's power.
        You think Top Rank is ready to cash out on Ruiz already? They just dug up Ray Austin for a fight. I think Top Rank is going to continue moving him along slowly until the top of the division sorts out. Meaning some combination of Wilder-Fury-Joshua-Klitschko happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          You think Top Rank is ready to cash out on Ruiz already? They just dug up Ray Austin for a fight. I think Top Rank is going to continue moving him along slowly until the top of the division sorts out. Meaning some combination of Wilder-Fury-Joshua-Klitschko happens.
          That's a good point. However, Ruiz has stated that he'd fight Ortiz, if he was given ample time to prepare i.e. full training camp. Sounds like he's ready and willing to fight for a title.

Also, I'm of the train of thought - if a fighter is offered a title shot, he should definitely take it. There's no guarantee that he is offered another one in the future. Ruiz could take his shot, and if he falls short, no big deal - he lost to one of the best HWs out there. He'll have time to rebuild afterwards.

Comment

Fury = Busy, Parker = Busy, Wlad = Busy, Haye = Busy, who's he meant to fight?

Comment

Washington is the most likely choice for a side fight of the available opponents . Hes been training with Breazeale and is ready for a 6'7 guy im sure he would jump at it.
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-26-2016, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                That's a good point. However, Ruiz has stated that he'd fight Ortiz, if he was given ample time to prepare i.e. full training camp. Sounds like he's ready and willing to fight for a title.

Also, I'm of the train of thought - if a fighter is offered a title shot, he should definitely take it. There's no guarantee that he is offered another one in the future. Ruiz could take his shot, and if he falls short, no big deal - he lost to one of the best HWs out there. He'll have time to rebuild afterwards.
                I think Ruiz is in a nice position in the rankings and they shouldn't pull the trigger just yet. When the new rankings come out he'll probably move up a spot. He can let the top level sort themselves out then get his shot. I wouldn't pull the trigger on the Wilder fight just yet. Arum has to get him on HBO and get his name out there. When people talk about the young heavyweights it's Fury, Wilder, Joshua, and Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                  Forget the povetkin situation he had no choice but to take that fight or he'd look like the biggest coward of all time.

But now he has another voluntary

Voluntary #4

His big fight went under and now he has his pick. If he really wants to prove himself there are opponents out there

Ortiz
                  Haye
                  Pulev

There's a few more but you get the idea.

There's no reason he needs to sign up for his 4th defence against yet another bum, since you know his next mandatory will be ****ing stiverne again.

Its time to step it up, this guys had his belt absoloutley ages.

He'll fight Gerald Washington or Charles martin though
                  Deontay Wilder can choose the biggest bum on the planet and it won't prove anything for his guts. He was fully prepared to travel to Russia and knock Povetkin's head into the 19th row.

The dude isn't going to stop until he unifies the division... or dies trying. Anybody with a pulse can see this dude isn't bull****ting, his GOALS are to UNIFY the HW division..... The only way to do that is to beat world class champions.

So he can take on whoever he wants right now, because he was slated to go over to Russia and fight a guy that all the haters said he never would. Not Wilder's fault his opponent didn't want it.

Now it's short notice... He will take a tuneup fight possibly to prepare for a big title fight in the fall possibly. BOXING is still a business in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                    Fury = Busy, Parker = Busy, Wlad = Busy, Haye = Busy, who's he meant to fight?
                    Preferably someone better than Arreola.

Comment

Working...
                    X