No announcement yet.

Time to promote a big fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
    You do know too right that Floyd announced his poll winner of Khan/Maidana really close to his fight date as well right. It's only a little passed mid June, he can announce an opponent end of June and still have July/Aug to train like he did for his fight in May (thus making him seem like an even bigger idiot for stating "it takes 6 months to promote a fight").

lmao he announced Maidana Saturday March 8th, 2014 and fought Sat May 3rd 2014, (even less than 2 months) so what are you talking about it's "too close". Get some evidence before you spit things out kid.
    I just can't fathom him fighting in september by letting all this time go by. He may fight later, October or december. He won't fight in the same month as Pacquiao. That won't help his sales. When did he announce that he would fight alvarez. I just checked his announcement tweet. He announced that he would fight Alvarez on may 29th 2013 according to his twitter. That was 25 days after his fight with Guerrero

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
      I just can't fathom him fighting in september by letting all this time go by. He may fight later, October or december. He won't fight in the same month as Pacquiao. That won't help his sales. When did he announce that he would fight alvarez. I just checked his announcement tweet. He announced that he would fight Alvarez on may 29th 2013 according to his twitter. That was 25 days after his fight with Guerrero
      you really think he'll wait until next May to fight though? That's just under a calendar year from now and he's no spring chicken either. All the talk of him staying in the gym 24/7/365 isn't true anymore he's out chilling with his broads on yachts and such.

He waited to announce Maidana and did no press tour so he could probably do the same here too.

Comment

lol i'm going to stop talking to you now. you can't even read correctly. Where did i mentioned canelo? i said he announced his fight with MAIDANA in March and fought him in the start of May. lmao gtfo troll kid. bye

but if you need to know canelo, he fought ghost in may, so 25 days later may 29 announces canelo and fights canelo in sep. 3 months. barely his "6 months to promote a fight" response. Woa 3 months. Yet his announcement for Maidana is 2 months. He technically still is a lot earlier than the time frame he had for his Maidana fight. bye again
        Last edited by Gigantes; 06-23-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

You do know too right that Floyd announced his poll winner of Khan/Maidana really close to his fight date as well right. It's only a little passed mid June, he can announce an opponent end of June and still have July/Aug to train like he did for his fight in May (thus making him seem like an even bigger idiot for stating "it takes 6 months to promote a fight").

lmao he announced Maidana Saturday March 8th,
          2014 and fought Sat May 3rd 2014, (even less than 2 months) so what are you talking about it's "too close". Get some evidence before you spit things out kid.
          Training wise Floyd might be alright, but promoting wise he's using someone new whomever he chooses to be his promoter. I don't think 2-2.5 months is enough time to promote a Mayweather fight properly for a new promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by MIGGATYMAG View Post
            Training wise Floyd might be alright, but promoting wise he's using someone new whomever he chooses to be his promoter. I don't think 2-2.5 months is enough time to promote a Mayweather fight properly for a new promoter.
            Thats Common sense.

Comment

lol i'm going to stop talking to you now. you can't even read correctly. Where did i mentioned canelo? i said he announced his fight with MAIDANA in March and fought him in the start of May. lmao gtfo troll kid. bye

but if you need to know canelo, he fought ghost in may, so 25 days later may 29 announces canelo and fights canelo in sep. 3 months. barely his "6 months to promote a fight" response. Woa 3 months. Yet his announcement for Maidana is 2 months. He technically still is a lot earlier than the time frame he had for his Maidana fight. bye again
              I just gave an example when it came to mentioning Canelo. And sir, you are entitled to whatever opinion you want. All I did with my posts on this thread was give my takes, and make guesses.

Comment

I think when Lara fights Canelo and Beats him, It will end the dumb hopes of Alvarez vs Cotto and Mayweather Can use this time to relax and rest up. Fight twice in 2015 instead, when the options are better. Golovkin will retire Cotto in december in front of all his adoring fans at madison square garden.
                It wouldn't surprise me if Floyd fights Cotto for his Middleweight title some time in the future. It gives Floyd a chance to win a new title, fight a top Latin fighter to help his ppv #'s and fight a small Middleweight champ without taking a big risk of fighting a true big Middleweight champ.

Comment

Floyd doesn't care about promoting his fights,, he is getting 32 million regardless..

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    I am wondering if Floyd will fight later this year....MAYBE COTTO AT MIDDLEWEIGHT????
                    If he fights later this year, he might as well scrap with Khan.

Comment

I think when Lara fights Canelo and Beats him, It will end the dumb hopes of Alvarez vs Cotto and Mayweather Can use this time to relax and rest up. Fight twice in 2015 instead, when the options are better. Golovkin will retire Cotto in december in front of all his adoring fans at madison square garden.
                      funny how all the floyd suckers want DLH to fail and not work with top rank fighters lol so fraud wont have to fight manny. you guys are pathetic

Comment

Working...
                      X