No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime VP Responds To Claims, Promoters Chime In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Showtime VP Responds To Claims, Promoters Chime In

Stephen Espinoza, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Showtime Sports, denies that his network has an unwritten rule of exclusively dealing with Golden Boy Promotions and Al Haymon.

Espinoza, who previously worked for years as a lawye, for Golden Boy, was hired by Showtime in November of 2011. Espinoza replaced Ken Hershman, who left the network after accepting an offer to become the new President of HBO Sports.

Because of his long history with Golden Boy, Espinoza's hire generated immediate criticism from the industry. [Click Here To Read More]

This guy is going to bankrupt Showtime.

Comment

Sure seems that way. Espinoza along with Haymon and Schaefer are going to bankrupt and ruin Showtime.

Comment

They have been on a big spending spree.. I wonder how long they will keep it up.. Their ratings are up, and I'm sure they have sold more PPv in the past year since the Tyson era.. I'm not sure if they are making any money or not since they are spending like crazy

Comment

Showtime boxing works off an approved budget. How exactly would he bacnkrupt Showtime. You guys are clueless.

Comment

showtime dont have enough dates to give all of al haymons fighters enough fights

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
              Showtime boxing works off an approved budget. How exactly would he bacnkrupt Showtime. You guys are clueless.
              pretty sure we are talking about showtime boxing, not the channel showtime, which is owned by viacom. Obviously viacom isnt going to go bankrupt but showtime boxing will. Viacom is not a charity.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
                Remember when there was problems with Maidana/Broner being on regular Showtime... and then they found money in the budget.

I wonder where they found the money

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  showtime dont have enough dates to give all of al haymons fighters enough fights
                  Very good point unless there are a lot of triple-quadruple headers..

They need to have more shobox shows, once or twice a month using all the young prospects and Olympians and also Gary Russell jr

I do think that if they need dates, they will use fox sports to land some more tv time

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    Exactly esp if theyre paying 2m+ for Stevenson Fonfara which last year could have been an FNF main event for 20k in combined purse

Comment

Working...
                    X